• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

Why was he able to switch after winning?

In Smash, you can switch characters because of the stage counterpicks. Character locking makes some MUs absolutely one-sided on some of the stages available. So the winner can switch characters, but only before the loser picks theirs and have picked the stage. The winner can also ban a stage (at least in Bo3 games).

Jeffrey Dee ‏@kaoticdragon 1m
Dogura just beat Kazunoko off stream and yelled the biggest battle cry ever. YOOOOOOSHAAA!!! #p4u #Evo2013

Were they playing another game or doing MM/casuals in SF4? Just saying because they're not in the same pool so this match can't take place yet. Infact I think Kazunoko already qualified in winners.

Warpticon

Were they playing another game or doing MM/casuals in SF4? Just saying because they're not in the same pool so this match can't take place yet. Infact I think Kazunoko already qualified in winners.

We're well past pools, they're playing from top 32 > top 8 now.

EDIT: Just saw you said SF4. This was in P4A.

Revven

So why is the older version of Smash preferable for tournaments?

Well, Brawl has its own scene so it's not technically.... the least preferred; it's just Melee was more... built for competition/hardcore players than Brawl was. That's basically the gist of it.

So why is the older version of Smash preferable for tournaments?

Brawl is a really slow defensive game where you can barely combo anything, with a character who can fly essentially forever and recover from nearly anything, and randomly while running around there's a random chance of tripping and falling over.

Dahbomb

I don't know much about Smash but why would you pick a character like Yoshi when he's so easy to knock out the stage as compared to a character like Sheik who can stay in even with a very high percentage?

Revven

Brawl is a really slow defensive game where you can barely combo anything, with a character who can fly essentially forever and recover from nearly anything, and randomly while running around there's a random chance of tripping and falling over.

And this stuff too, haha.

I don't know much about Smash but why would you pick a character like Yoshi when he's so easy to knock out the stage as compared to a character like Sheik who can stay in even with a very high percentage?

Uh.

You really, really, like Yoshi. (I honestly have no clue why anybody would pick Yoshi)

FluxWaveZ

Why would anyone in another fighting game pick a character with lower HP compared to another with better HP? They're different characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom