• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

Get Your Tournament ‏@gyt 1m
Gamerbee beats latif #evo2013

Get Your Tournament ‏@gyt 1m
Soon to be gamerbee vs latif

Well that was quick.

Fuck. Art beat Mike Ross

3671044_o.gif

I don't play smash so it looks like absolute nonsense to me. I don't get what the numbers mean or how the hell you even win. Its soo different, it looks nothing like any other game being played here.

I still wanna try the new one, but my god is it hard to watch if youve never played.
Not too hard...

Basically, the number is a damage counter. The more you get hit, the higher the percentage go, and the more you get knocked back by attacks.

If someone gets knocked off the edges of the screen, they lose a life. In this setting, both players start with 4 lives. Lose 4, and you lose the round.

cj_iwakura

Part of the reason BB takes so long to localize is because of the huge story modes. That's a lot of text to translate. Probably more than any other fighter.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really blame shitty SFxTK players playing the game wrong for killing any positive mindshare the game could have built up *after the 2013 patch*

Not to mention the original problems with the game
Part of the reason BB takes so long to localize is because of the huge story modes. That's a lot of text to translate. Probably more than any other fighter.

And TONS AND TONS of VAing

Dahbomb

Gonna assume some heavy sarcasm taking place here, but seriously. The game only has one spot, the finals, and it's airing at the same time as MvC3 quarter finals. I thought MvC3 was criticized for being too unbalanced for tourneys? Yet it has spots for the quarter, semi and finals. SXT is barely getting any love.
LOL @ UMVC3 being too "unbalanced" for tourneys. MVC2 is the longest running game at EVO and its way more "unbalanced" than UMVC3.

Its true though that SFxT isn't getting any attention but it will have an unofficial stream at least. SFxT's problem is that people just don't like watching it because the top players play a very defrnsive and stale style of game in it.

K.Sabot

LOL @ UMVC3 being too "unbalanced" for tourneys. MVC2 is the longest running game at EVO and its way more "unbalanced" than UMVC3.

Its true though that SFxT isn't getting any attention but it will have an unofficial stream at least. SFxT's problem is that people just don't like watching it because the top players play a very defrnsive and stale style of game in it.

I think what he meant by "unbalanced" was "fucking stupid".

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

People need to see more Japanese players. Not that would do anything for how most of the "top" players play here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom