• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm geniunely shocked that they skipped over Q and Karin for Hugo and Poison. I knew they'd do 2 SFxT ports, but all 4 takes real balls. Rolento, Elena, Q and Karin were the top 4 requested in their character poll and I really thought they'd use those 4/
IT'S LU BU

lol

Te9mt.png

It's time.

I've been waiting since vanilla ;_;
ChrisG is the only god who has not made it out of pools in Winners yet.

And Marn

Man, then fuck capcom

Yeah Ultimate's release was due to SFxT release and even then Marvel hasn't had many games coming out in the past year.

Had nothing to do with Avengers time since happened a long time before Avengers, and Capcom hasn't asked about an update.

You know, despite Marvel is at an all time high with consumers currently.

Someone at Capcom (Seth?) said in an interview that they had to release Ultimate in that window or else they would release no update at all. The license was running out and they had to.
The license wasn't running out. Capcom didn't want UMvC3 to cannibalize SFxT sales.

Basically, SFxT is the worst thing to ever happen to fighting games.

Veggy

I don't get the hype for Smash at all, guess you have to play it to a decent level to understand the hype stuff

Well I guess I'm in for the $40 disc version. 6 new stages is pretty damn cool. I'll probably try and play Hugo since I have been liking grapplers lately. The $15 add on is a neat price tag though.

I wonder if new character will be Brand new or someone from a different Capcom game? Whoever said Batsu has got my vote, unless they choose Akira! Its a shame the way Capcom is going we will never see another Rival Schools so you might as well import the more popular characters to SF.

Astarte

How does that make sense? It was Ultimate then or nothing at all, Capcom's hands were tied on the matter.

I don't buy into it. Their excuses for characters not making it into vanilla were absolutely fucking retarded, even before the Japan earthquake. Making dlc instead of splintering the user base would have been fanfuckingtastic, at the very least allowing for an upgrade to the current game.

The license wasn't running out. Capcom didn't want UMvC3 to cannibalize SFxT sales.

Basically, SFxT is the worst thing to ever happen to fighting games.

Yeah, Ultimate got cannibalized for SFxT instead of SFxT being moved back which would of given us a more polished Ultimate with more characters and SFxT 2013 as the initial release. Which would of made the game have more entrants.

Kellen

Zhi ‏@Zhieeep 1m
5th new character has never been in a Street Fighter title. That rules out my Karin :-( Who ever could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom