• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Explain this infinite from the Ice Climbers.

Thanks.

In Smash, when a person is grabbed they can mash to tech the grab. Ice Climbers have a universal infinite where if they grab a person, through a timed combination of the universal grab jab and inputs given to Nana (usually a tilt), they can make it so the other person absolutely cannot tech the throw since the buffer for the mash to escape is constantly being reset while Nana pummels the person Popo grabbed. Of course this also adds damage to the grabbed person with which Nana can KO them easily.

Skab

IMG_0442.JPG

That rolento costume is pretty nice

Poison cosplaying as Ruby Heart.

The Light

"We have the license for this specific game, but other companies outside of Capcom have licenses for other Marvel games that impinge," he told Eurogamer. "So we have to find specific times where we're able to release products. It's on the Capcom side and on the Marvel side." He added that "I don't ask anybody to feel sympathetic about that."

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/01/killian-marvel-licensing-responsible-for-umvc3-timing/

He could be lying, but if taken for face value, the license was at least a contributing factor.

Why would capcom have to worry about other competitors games? That sounds off to me personally.

"We have the license for this specific game, but other companies outside of Capcom have licenses for other Marvel games that impinge," he told Eurogamer. "So we have to find specific times where we're able to release products. It's on the Capcom side and on the Marvel side." He added that "I don't ask anybody to feel sympathetic about that."

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/01/killian-marvel-licensing-responsible-for-umvc3-timing/

He could be lying, but if taken for face value, the license was at least a contributing factor.
That doesn't inherently conflict with my story. What Seth said was that the team had a choice to either complete the game early on, or not work on it for a long time. They had the license until around the SFxT window, but they didn't want it to cannibalize SFxT. I don't doubt the license was running out, but that's not why we got the update in Fall instead of Spring, which is what I was referring to.

Read it again. He said game releases on both sides. Marvel hasn't had a game before Deadpool since the Kinect fighting game. The game that takes the spot on Capcom side is SFxT. Reason why it was released early.

Both games got cannibalized by this sadly. SFxT vanilla was horrible and not many people got it and Ultimate isn't fully polished. If SFxT was delayed, we would of gotten 2013 which would give more competition and a more polished Ultimate.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That doesn't inherently conflict with my story. What Seth said was that the team had a choice to either complete the game early on, or not work on it for a long time. They had the license until around the SFxT window, but they didn't want it to cannibalize SFxT. I don't doubt the license was running out, but that's not why we got the update in Fall instead of Spring, which is what I was referring to.

Read it again. He said game releases on both sides. Marvel hasn't had a game before Deadpool since the Kinect fighting game. The game that takes the spot on Capcom side is SFxT. Reason why it was released early.

Both games got cannibalized by this sadly. SFxT vanilla was horrible and not many people got it and Ultimate isn't fully polished. If SFxT was delayed, we would of gotten 2013 which would give more competition and a more polished Ultimate.

Fair enough. Whatever the reason, my main point is that Vanilla should never have come out to begin with. The game wasn't finished.

Fair enough. Whatever the reason, my main point is that Vanilla should never have come out to begin with. The game wasn't finished.
Naw, Vanilla was good. Niitsuma needed a test game to figure everything out. UMvC3 is a far better game than Vanilla, but only because of Vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom