• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

onionfrog

Console manufacturers won't allow you to completely disable pause, Skullgirls has where you have to hold it for 2 (?) seconds which was the best they could do because they weren't allowed to disable it completely, even in a touranment mode.
That's weird, because there is no way to pause in any of the souls games.

Kumubou

Pretty much.

The only solution to this problem that nobody has implemented yet because devs think assigning buttons at the character select is sufficient for some reason.
I'm pretty sure it's a technical requirement on games to be able to pause them in offline modes. Skullgirls does it with a 15f delay, which is what the standard really should be (even given platform requirements). It seems like that can be waived in certain circumstances, though (like in DoA5U's and Skullgirls' tournament modes).

Nyoro SF

Q status update. went 1-2. lost to a bullet beat an amabe lost to an azrael. now were going to the reason he came. guilty gear time.

Kalamari

Q status update. went 1-2. lost to a bullet beat an amabe lost to an azrael. now were going to the reason he came. guilty gear time.

I hope to hear what you guys think of it. Some of the opinions I've seen are a little mixed in regards to the mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom