• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

This stage in Blazblue is mad annoying, that dog won't shut the fuck up.

OxK8Z5x.gif

ElTopo

Banned
SNK needs to announce KOFXIV asap because I want to see KOF next year too

I'm guessing Sunday, hopefully. I just want a game that does not have long combos/TOD shit. I'm so tired of this being in new fightan games.

Also, I would like actual tripguard being a thing. None of this 1 frame trip guard crap.

casperOne

And even with the criticisms of the one frame link tips thing, I think it's generally getting better for the viewers. I'm including the one frame links thing here as well (in it being better for the viewers). While certainly a lot of the criticisms are justified (not as specifically relevant to be ideal at times, or the sporadic nature of their frequency etc.) I think the concept itself is pretty neat.

I don't have a lot of context for this, but aside from what you pointed out, any other feedback/criticisms?

In regards to the timing of the overlays on stream being relevant at the time, because of a technical issue, you're seeing them on a non-deterministic delay; I don't have direct control of when they go on the stream. The best I can do is provide the stats as quickly as possible, but I don't have a direct line to the stream.

It's something that we're aware of though.

Also, yesterday's stats where concise, so it was difficult to understand. Today's are definitely different, trying to provide more insight/items that are relevant to the match on hand.

That said, your feedback is heard and appreciated, and the expectation is that it's just going to get better. The primary goal was to give Evo the ability to provide relevant, meaningful stats, something that hasn't been done (to my knowledge) anywhere in other FGC streams. I believe that we're achieving that. We're not knocking it out of the park, but we're definitely not putting up a golden sombrero.

Short form: it's just the beginning, and it's only going to get better, which I feel is evident when watching them yesterday and comparing them to today.

casperOne

Request: I don't have the commentator audio piped into my station, so I'm curious how the commentators have been using the stats (they have a dashboard with current player/matchup data). The statement to them has been to only use what they're comfortable with, and it's not obligatory.

That said, what have you guys been experiencing with the commentary (this is outside of the fight fact overlays).

ElTopo

Banned
If they go with easier inputs the game would explode hugely. Its execution is what scares so many away from it considering it was likely the best fighter last gen.

Only problems I had with inputs for 13 was during HD combos I'd frequently get the wrong move out. That and accidentally activating HD mode.

I don't have a lot of context for this, but aside from what you pointed out, any other feedback/criticisms?

I think the consensus is the stats have been good, the criticism is in the context of why we have stats but not player/match information instead.

Which to me isn't quite fair, because I'm sure it wasn't one or the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom