• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

Hyper DBZ casuals. Gohan and Frieza are unlocked. Twitch.tv/guardbreak. If you're at Evo, it's at the Underground Syndicate booth.

Vice

Also for the Skullgirls guys, most of the matches up to top 16 was recorded and will be up next week with commentary.

casperOne

I would personally like to see stats that are more relevant to the matches. Seeing win rates doesn't provide any meaningful data to me. I think something similar to the UFC would be more interesting The UFC provides fight stats as the match progresses. For example, they have numbers for: number of strikes landed, takedown attempts/defended, ect. In regards to how this would work for fighting games, you could show viewers how often an overhead/low has been attempted, how well a player has been blocking on wakeup, ect. It's probably a lot of work but maybe you could just cover winners, losers and grand finals.

This is the dream, and it's something that I very much would like to see. However, without developer support, or a small army of scorekeepers, it's almost impossible to implement.

But, the intent is to lay a basic foundation and build, making it better with each iteration. I've already been spreading the idea that the FGC needs to have a scorekeeper position at each tournament, recording data that is fed back into stats. It's been a part of almost every conversation I've had with anyone interested in the stats at Evo (and there have been a lot of people interested in them).

Damn, I love ST. It's flawless.

You, I like you.

What hardware are they playing ST on?

It's a Supergun.

h3ro

iVYw9lZywhQVT.gif

El Sloth

Banned
Also for the Skullgirls guys, most of the matches up to top 16 was recorded and will be up next week with commentary.

I was already expecting them to be recorded just like last year's side tourney, but niiiiice.

Part of the fun is watching it live with everyone else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom