• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICKE

Banned
DAT AMERICAN LITCHI!!!

litchi-walk.gif

Unbeliavable match!

Salex_

Why is this guy trying so hard to put this pillow on the stream? Is this what he really wants people outside of the community to see if they're interested in the game?

Laconic

Banned
If they go with easier inputs the game would explode hugely. Its execution is what scares so many away from it considering it was likely the best fighter last gen.

Naw, it's the netcode. And not everyone has computers to run the stream version.

It is both.

Not that KoF 13 has insane timing, but the buffers are rather counter-intuitive to some, and regardless of how much less stringent the inputs are than, oh, say 2002, they are still rather on the stiff side of ST.

xCobalt

I don't have a lot of context for this, but aside from what you pointed out, any other feedback/criticisms?

I would personally like to see stats that are more relevant to the matches. Seeing win rates doesn't provide any meaningful data to me. I think something similar to the UFC would be more interesting The UFC provides fight stats as the match progresses. For example, they have numbers for: number of strikes landed, takedown attempts/defended, ect. In regards to how this would work for fighting games, you could show viewers how often an overhead/low has been attempted, how well a player has been blocking on wakeup, ect. It's probably a lot of work but maybe you could just cover winners, losers and grand finals.

casperOne

I think the consensus is the stats have been good, the criticism is in the context of why we have stats but not player/match information instead.

Much appreciated. This is the third year that Evo has had their system in place for generating and updating stats, and I (OFL) didn't believe that there was any value add in trying to update a system that from their perspective, works. I felt that OFLs time (and remember, a lot of what you're seeing was at the urging of GAF) was best spent in proving that specific service.

Which to me isn't quite fair, because I'm sure it wasn't one or the other?

I would say this is correct, since OFL isn't involved in that at all.

Glad you're liking them, and of course, if there's any more suggestions, feedback, or criticism, by all means, pass them along to me here, on Twitter, etc, etc.

Enzo, don't fuck up the title for FGW on Sunday. =)

Expect my next megapost on Tuesday at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom