• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Justin learned KI on Pad because no sticks were available, and he hasn't had time to relearn the muscle memory. If he ever drops Wulf, I'd expect him to make the switch.

El Sloth

Banned
Just caught this. Even Mr. Mori was so elated, he broke into tears.
wjYOeRK.jpg
I hope someone uploads this, since I didn't manage to catch it ;_;

I wish I could get excited for KI like I did BB, but I don't know. It's not clicking with me. I'm not sure what I'm looking at or the significance of things..I was clueless about BB as well but that was till exciting as shit.

stay free to Rico, Justin.

Filthie and Max are awful commentators. not every throw break or 2 hit combo is "scream out your lungs" worthy. comes across as super fake.

zlatko

Banned
Sad Wong lost. I had him as the overall KI winner.

Looking at what we have left though CDJR I feel will take this without any issues.

Also, BBCP this year was THE mega hype. I loved every bit of it.

I think KI gets hate cause its how its being made. Its like a non-complete playable fighter. I think if KI had released with a full roster and none of this season crap it would of had a better reception. The game looks and plays really great! This tournament right now proves it!

The game's inherent problem is that the mindgames at work aren't visualized in any significant way. The combo system's basically based around TACs.

I also dislike how the system is kind of, how to put it, forced? Like, it makes things explicit that don't have to and just ends up feeling wrong to me for that.

It's like some RTS developer a while ago went and built an RTS with systems for making feints and other strange stuff like that. WTF do you need those for? Feints and misinformation already emerge naturally from having resource allocation and fog of war. You don't need separate systems for them. Making those kinds of systems just ends up feeling tacky.

Like, you can see a similar break combos thing at work in Smash, but influencing your own knockback arc just feels much more elegant and natural a design than inserting an RPS system somewhere. Not to mention it means you can get hype for actual physical things happening and not game-rules-say-so exclamation marks.

I think KI gets hate cause its how its being made. Its like a non-complete playable fighter. I think if KI had released with a full roster and none of this season crap it would of had a better reception. The game looks and plays really great! This tournament right now proves it!

Nah it get's hate because it doesn't work like every other FG. People actually like this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom