• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby

I think KI gets hate cause its how its being made. Its like a non-complete playable fighter. I think if KI had released with a full roster and none of this season crap it would of had a better reception. The game looks and plays really great! This tournament right now proves it!

It gets hate because it's Xbox exclusive.

I think KI gets hate cause its how its being made. Its like a non-complete playable fighter. I think if KI had released with a full roster and none of this season crap it would of had a better reception. The game looks and plays really great! This tournament right now proves it!

By that logic SF4 wasn't "complete" until now....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why does Rico or anyone for that matter, go for counter breakers when their opponent is up by a significant margin?

The KV meter(the thing on the side that builds up) resets on a counter breaker and lets you do an INSANE combo that can completely swing the game in your favor.

He's fishing a little too much though. CDjr has no reason to even attempt a break if he's that ahead.

rrc1594

That's fair, but I don't think it would of survived or been made to be honest. Fighting game exclusive on the X1

Shackzam

I would totally play the game, but I'm a dualshock pad player and I think the Xbox One controller is ass for fighting games even though Justin Wong likes to prove me wrong. I never hate the game, but goddamn do I hate the controller.

Nah it get's hate because it doesn't work like every other FG. People actually like this model.

I have yet to meet someone that likes this model.

I would totally play the game, but I'm a dualshock pad player and I think the Xbox One controller is ass for fighting games even though Justin Wong likes to prove me wrong. I never hate the game, but goddamn do I hate the controller.

Controller shouldnt stop you. You can get whatever controller you want to use and use it these days.

VariantX

Why does Rico or anyone for that matter, go for counter breakers when their opponent is up by a significant margin?

resets the KV meter. when the meter gets to 100, the opponent falls out of the combo. Counter breakers allow you to do longer and more damaging combos than what is normally possible.

chrono01

Just caught this. Even Mr. Mori was so elated, he broke into tears.
wjYOeRK.jpg
Damn it. Why didn't I watch the NicoNico stream after the event? :(

But yes, the BlazBlue finals were absolutely incredible. It was definitely an EVO moment that will be remembered for a long time. I feel bad for those that missed out, but there's always the archives if you're interested [and I'd recommend you do so if you didn't watch it live]. Much respect to both players, they deserved it.

Omega

Banned
I think KI gets hate cause its how its being made. Its like a non-complete playable fighter. I think if KI had released with a full roster and none of this season crap it would of had a better reception.

people are stupid then.

$40 yearly updates that add a few characters and fuck up the balance? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

$20 game with 8 characters, and an extra $20 for 8 more characters? GO DIE IN A FIRE

people are stupid then.

$40 yearly updates that add a few characters and fuck up the balance? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

$20 game with 8 characters, and an extra $20 for 8 more characters? GO DIE IN A FIRE

I rather have a full game at $60.

The lack of Roster is really killing the hype of this game. All we see is 3 different characters in this tournament. If all you care is about money then thats sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom