• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't pay attention to Smash, but wow at there being EG, Curse, and C9 sponser player.

I'm assuming coL, CLG, and TSM gonna jump in on too huh? Next Smash is going to be so E-Sports.

Seik

Banned
At first I wanted to wait for Smash Wii U.

OF COURSE I'm going to cave and buy the 3DS version day 1, I already feel it.

Should've made a pre-order during E3 to save some bucks, dang it. =_=

Yes, but this is assuming that reception for P4AU and its competitive showings are great, too. Today's BBCP showing was better than last year's P4A, but the latter's was pretty good, too. Maybe it's really just these intense BBCP matches that could make it return for Evo 2015, but I think it would be weird if P4AU wasn't a part of next year's list. Xrd seems like a given, and I don't know if they're accommodating enough to have three ASW games.

Well, if we assume all 3 games have equally great, non-diminished representation, that would mean that Evo would be looking at at least 300-500 entrants per game, right? I think it'd be difficult for the staff to stick to "only one anime game" if things looked that positive for each game, especially after this year.

Revven

Some tournies apparently ban wobbling, is it allowed at Evo?

Only tournament organizer who matters that bans it is Juggleguy. Every other TO leaves it unbanned and this is the same for EVO. Fly is just really bad at wobbling so he doesn't go for it -- he's more proficient at handoff chaingrabs and everything else about ICs.

FluxWaveZ

Well, if we assume all 3 games have equally great, non-diminished representation, that would mean that Evo would be looking at at least 300-500 entrants per game, right? I think it'd be difficult for the staff to stick to "only one anime game" if things looked that positive for each game, especially after this year.

I think that's the issue here. It's said that there's a certain prejudice against these "anime" games for Evo selection, and that's where the problem behind Evo 2015's representation of these recent games lies, where it's largely thought that only Xrd might be the one.

Delio

I don't pay attention to Smash, but wow at there being EG, Curse, and C9 sponser player.

I'm assuming coL, CLG, and TSM gonna jump in on too huh? Next Smash is going to be so E-Sports.

I wonder if it will be the same players or a new stable of Smash 4 only players being sponsered.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Only tournament organizer who matters that bans it is Juggleguy. Every other TO leaves it unbanned and this is the same for EVO. Fly is just really bad at wobbling so he doesn't go for it -- he's more proficient at handoff chaingrabs and everything else about ICs.

Thanks for all the responses, and this more detailed one.

And nice solo Popo finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom