• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
When the stream switches to the view where it shows the player cam it runs at 60fps but when they go back to just the fight, it drops to 30fps. Anyone else getting this?

Myn

People got better at comboing it and you can't buffer sweeps into demon.

He can cancel his teleport into it.

So when he is U2 he can basically use teleport as a free escape. Without U2 characters can punish it with things like ultra.

Ah, okay. I knew he could always do this though which is weird to see people starting to migrate to it out of nowhere. The U1 nerf makes sense though, I'm assuming cr.MK > U1 isn't as strong then?

It was fine earlier today when they were streaming Melee. Somewhere down the line, though, it went to crap.

Something is up with their fullscreen setup. Whenever it zooms out to show the players and the gameplay in smaller windows, the framerate is fine. But whenever it goes fullscreen for just gameplay or the commentators, it goes poopy again.

I also see this, it's clear as day the fps is much better when they show the crowd and the game rather than fullscreen. Something is def. fucked.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Daigo is a moron for not going Yun and making Champ look free. Do what you need to win. He's been free to top level Sims since vanilla. Iyo owned his soul, Champ owned his soul, Art took money from him and narrowly lost to him the second time. Akuma is the only shoto to give Sim a run for his money otherwise it's not fun fighting a Sim with the rest of them.

I'm happy GAFFERS are making noise in the tournament.

MrDaravon

Daigo is a moron for not going Yun and making Champ look free. Do what you need to win. He's been free to top level Sims since vanilla. Iyo owned his soul, Champ owned his soul, Art took money from him and narrowly lost to him the second time. Akuma is the only shoto to give Sim a run for his money otherwise it's not fun fighting a Sim with the rest of them.

I'm happy GAFFERS are making noise in the tournament.

Do we actually know who Daigo used in that match?

what about Q? did he won any game?
Q went 0-2. He mentioned before how he didn't have time to get acclimated to a PS2 pad, and it ended up biting him in the ass. I let him borrow mine, but apparently there's lag? I use Hawk so I can't tell, but he told me he was dropping rekkas which he never does.

DaveT

Yeah its pretty bad on the 360. Looks better on the pc for sure.

Hate to plug, but IGN has Stage 1 on its app on PS4, X360, and Roku....may perform better for you.

Also, the goal (key word: goal) is for IGN to have every match of at least Stage 1 and 2 posted. At 60fps. And purely gameplay with commentary, not all the other program elements. Team there should be really starting to crank on getting things up this evening.

http://www.ign.com/events/evo
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraFbwCoisJCqlCRADZb7KTOdXNsyXrHq

Sheroking

LET'S GO BRENT! HD!!!!!!

"E.ryu does well in that match." - ultradavid......the fuck?

I actually think it's a better match for Evil Ryu than for Ryu. Evil Ryu has a divekick that Dhalsim's back MP doesn't consistently anti-air and does more damage from upclose mix-ups.

Dhalsim clearly wins at full range.

MormaPope

Banned
Install latest livestreamer.

Open up notepad. Type this in:

replace the location with wherever you installed livestreamer. save it as a .bat file by going to "save as" and adding .bat at the end of the filename, and selecting "all files" from the dropdown list.

Double click the file. (make sure you have vlc installed)

You can also use this script i wrote if you want something that will prompt you for a Twitch Channel Name before running livestreamer. (As opposed to having one manuallly specified in the batch file)
Code:
@echo
cd c:\program files (x86)\livestreamer
set /P path="Enter Twitch Channel Name:"%=%
livestreamer.exe http://twitch.tv/%path% best
@echo

Holy shit.

Never going back after this.

Unlucky

Glenn - thegametwok ‏@gyt 1m
Dakou sends Chris g to losers, to face smug next. bonchan sends kokujin to losers #Evo2014

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Do we actually know who Daigo used in that match?

He doesn't use Yun anymore even though his Yun is probably the second best in the world even out of practice. I think because he's filming his documentary he wants it to be pristine and counterpicking would take away from his status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom