• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The calm execution on that infinite makes me want to cry knowing I could never pull shit like that out :(

Nanashrew

Banned
Folks were hyping him as having a shot. ZeRo was always the favorite, people just wanted him to lose because he never does. I think I heard ZeRo never even dropped a single game

This is true, he never dropped a single game at EVO. If he keeps going at this rate he may just never lose a stock.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172406375]KBR wins EVO confirmed.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that. Apology and Ray can still be threats.

But what are you agreeing with? That the players playing right now are worse in skill than these so-called "gods"? Even though those players all got eliminated? Was it a collective fluke?

No one says they are less skilled. Its about star power. A movie with known actor pulls more viewers as opposed to a movie with some unknown talent. Even though the unkown talent is a better actor.

LOOK AT HIS SHORTS

image.php

FluxWaveZ

No one says they are less skilled. Its about star power. A movie with known actor pulls more viewers as opposed to a movie with some unknown talent. Even though the unkown talent is a better actor.

I know, that's why I was asking what in that tweet he was agreeing with. "Peewee hockey" doesn't really just refer to the known quantity of the players, to me, but also suggests the level of skill at play.

V-Faction

I am so, so ecstatic. Team Big Bodies in Grand Finals... poised to take EVO?

It's taken 5 long years, boys. Hardwork, sweat, determination, repair bots...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172406579]Sure, but I think he's stronger than both players and Frutsy was his hardest matchup remaining.[/QUOTE]

Firebrand certainly gives him a run for his money. He has to take Firebrand out FAST otherwise Firebrand's poke -> GG for him unless Firebrand drops it.

Westlo

And? Smash WiiU had a ton of entrants too but was on Saturday in the afternoon. They're gonna space them out.

It's SFIV, the headline event of the last seven Evo's, it's not going to get a morning slot or Day 2 grand finals. Smash WiiU situation is nowhere near comparable.

I think it was confirmed that SFV will replace 4 next year.

As the main event yes, but people aren't going to just stop playing SFIV, and it's the most popular Evo game, it will be back Day 3 next year as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom