• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

Ekv4Rvx.png

The contrast in these tweets is just fucking delicious.

People may have came on a little too insulting/strong but they had no context for how new you were. It's like going into an NBA thread and complaining about a team relying on "lame screens" or a soccer thread and complaining about "lame back passes". Screens and back-passes are a fundamental part of those games, so people are going to be more aggressive and insulting in responding to you because it seems like you're familiar and interested with the sport and yet you're complaining about a core principle. Coming from a place of questioning or learning is different: "Why do they keep passing the ball back towards their goal?", "What are the rules on those screens?" "What exactly makes footsies so important, it looks super boring?".

Hex

Banned
The gimmick that HBox is using would irritate the shit out of me.
I would just sit in the middle until he engaged again.

KingClown

Dang this has been awesome so far, glad I tuned into this EVO! Gonna be watching it from now on, and any other fighting game tournament I can.

I think I'm gonna try getting into some fighting games again, because the stuff I'v seen so far looks incredibly fun.

Azure J

OH shit, Mango turning up?

People may have came on a little too insulting/strong but they had no context for how new you were.It's like going into an NBA thread and complaining about a team relying on "lame screens" or a soccer thread and complaining about "lame back passes". Screens and back-passes are a fundamental part of those games, so people are going to be more aggressive and insulting in responding to you because it seems like you're familiar and interested with the sport and yet you're complaining about a core principle. Coming from a place of questioning or learning is different: "Why do they keep passing the ball back towards their goal?", "What are the rules on those screens?" "What exactly makes footsies so important, it looks super boring?".

Thing is I definitely tried to explain both the reactions to his comment and what his mistake was without condescension and there's still nothing to suggest that it got through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom