• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vade

hnXwiop.gif

Don't let these dudes represent the community at large. You're welcome to get down on any game you find interesting. Fighting games are amongst the deepest/most rewarding you could invest your time into. :)

Also, realize that dedicated Smash fans are usually on edge as their game(s) of choice is often viewed as an outlier and they feel the need to defend it.

1) those people weren't smash fans

2) some of them were just confused on the post

It's all good, this is nothing compared to former NBA GAF.

It just surprises me that the community doesn't want to grow and instead mocks new people who are watching instead of educating them in a reasonable manner without calling the person an idiot.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THING, OMG! LMAO"

No I don't, I don't spend that much time watching competitive gaming. Just thought participating in EVO this year would be fun, guess not.

could you please point out in my post where I was insulting you?

Mumei is right. Its okay to make mistakes but stop making it out to seem like gaf or the fgc is out to get you because you made one mistake. But stop digging a hole for yourself

Velcro Fly

hahah holy shit plup's twitter

spilled beer and ruined his controller

got super down on himself because of that and losing

then goes and beats leffen

is this real life

Vire

Mumei is right. Its okay to make mistakes but stop making it out to seem like gaf or the fgc is out to get you because you made one mistake. But stop digging a hole for yourself

I wasn't specifically referring to you, you've been more than reasonable in your posts. It's difficult to address every single person since I was quoted about a hundred times.

Dahbomb

He wanted to learn Makoto because he had no interest in learning footsies.
He thought that character was a no footsie gateway into the game.
That's hilarious.

To be honest not a lot of people know that counter poking is a big part of footsies. It's also why I sometimes hear that Smug doesn't have great footsies or that Dudley is not really a footsie character and I am like "wut".

Crocodile

Well I missed that PLUP match due to internet issues. Hurray :/

Don't let these dudes represent the community at large. You're welcome to get down on any game you find interesting. Fighting games are amongst the deepest/most rewarding you could invest your time into. :)

Also, realize that dedicated Smash fans are usually on edge as their game(s) of choice is often viewed as an outlier and they feel the need to defend it.

Why are you enabling his defensiveness? He made a mistake, that's a thing humans do. Just learn from it instead of getting defensive, that's all people ask he do.

Also, again, footsie aren't a Smash specific term. Plenty of people who don't give two shits about Smash had something to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom