• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

sjjOpbq.png

welfare delivery immediate

FluxWaveZ

Did Catherine just end right when I can watch it?

God dammit.

It was genuinely one of the most fun games I've watched this Evo, if not the most. These matches get insane, in a very unconventional way compared to most games that are featured here.

I really can't say how much it sucks that the game didn't have online multiplayer. A very hidden gem that most people who played Catherine won't get to experience.

Jachaos

Never seen Catherine before or even really understand it but it seems pretty cool

I own Catherine, bought it for the storyline/music/artstyle because of what P-Studio has done with the Persona series and had no idea if I'd love the gameplay or not. Turns out I did, it's a fun puzzle game, but I've only ever seen it played in Single-player.

Seeing the 1v1 is amazing. It takes it to another level. It's a puzzle game about climbing the fastest, but also a fighting game, a chess game, reacting to your opponent's moves quickly, playing mindgames, having not only good block placement to help you climb but to also hinder your opponent's. It's been really fun to watch, my surprise of Evo.

Man I ended up watching pretty much ALL the Catherine. It was such good stuff, I was entertained! If Atlus can make a new puzzle game with that level of entertainment, and actually put a real effort into the multiplayer, who knows what could happen? Main stage?

emb

Reaaaal surprised Armada didn't go Fox for game 2. Too close for comfort.

I've seen Armada have real close sets with non-top people though, usually clutches it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom