• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a huge MKX fan last year but I wrote it off this year when it was basically Aliens and Mileenas, but I'm glad I tuned in today as this whole top 8 delivered. Aside from the Alien at the end, but can't fault Sonic for playing to win. The guy is a god.

Dahbomb

B8cErGv.gif
This is actually really appropriate because I imagine quite a few people are actually waking up right now in the West coast lol.

Fuck Alien. I want a nerf.

Still, great job from TM. Probably the best arab player I've ever seen.

Sonic Fox is cocky, but he's a Sonic fan so he's good in my book.

Eh, people said the same thing about Tanya and Predator, the top tier of players still beast with other characters.

TM actually forcing Alien is great stuff.

KingClown

Maybe for streamers (and even then it's more to do with the production rather than the arena itself) but for those in attendance it'll probably be really fantastic once it fills up...
Yeah, I'm really enjoying it down here myself, managed to grab some pretty good seats. The crowd is much louder than on the stream.

Wow Marvel top 8 is 7/8 Americans. Shocked that there's no Japanese. Too bad the non-American is arguably the best Marvel player in the world right now.

Line_HTX

Pretty hype Grand Finals by MKX.

Shit, Marvel about to be 30 minutes late, uh-OH...

Hoping that Xrd doesn't get booed at the end of its Top 8 because of this.

ZeroCDR

That empty ass arena, what a sad awards ceremony. At least the matches were still really fun to watch. I'd play MKX a lot more if they would at least give PC owners the latest netcode buff.

El Sloth

Banned
You can't even hear people clapping and cheering during the winning ceremony.

This is garbage.

Anyway, super hype MKX finals. Well done to SonicFox.
Shame they don't have mics for the crowd. Hopefully the Evo staff responds to the crticisms of the attendees there and viewers at home for a better event next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom