• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Not gonna lie that top 8 was pretty underwhelming especially compared to previous EVO top 8s.

A lot of the matches were just really one sided and when push came to shove a lot of the players just folded or pressed buttons. The Justin vs ChrisG match was the best one as it usually is but all the other contestants generally disappointed.

I expected more from this top 8 looking at the roster.

Very happy for ChrisG but MorriDoom definitely does not allow these less traditional teams to play. Though I guess if the game survives it would be impetus for people to re-learn that match up because a lot of them felt like they didn't know what to do.

Hero

morrigan is lame but chris g actually winning evo is pretty good

Soul Fist spam is boring as all fuck, but for me, it's more about ChrisG finally taking it after like 4 years of flubs.

I don't watch much UMvC3 these days but EVO is always hype, so much on the line. So much mastery of resets and combos. I can't watch it all day though.

It sounds like the consensus is that ChrisG winning is the important part here which is cool but man those matches were so completely boring. Doesn't seem very Mahvel to me.

jett

D-Member
I suspect that the audio mixing issues are due to the reverb from the crowd and a lack of crowd mice (from what I can see, anyway). It's not ideal but that echo would sound nasty.

Wow rude -- that's why they put in four hours of Meele in the schedule. :V

Plz don't kill me, I actually kind of like Meele -- just not four hours of it.

They're actively muting the crowd on purpose. They turn crowd noise on and off at the drop of a dime.

It sounds like the consensus is that ChrisG winning is the important part here which is cool but man those matches were so completely boring. Doesn't seem very Mahvel to me.

I didn't really watch but it sounds like the Marvel top 8 that I've always wished for.

A.E Suggs

when marvel was alive prime chris g was hitting those mid screen infinites no problem and it still wasn't enough

took the game's death for him to win evo but i'm still happy for him
He made it to GF once vs justin, he always proved he could do it one day. The game being dead is meaningless in this situation.

kjhlkjecai7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom