• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great trailer, but I want to see that final boss!

It sounds like the consensus is that ChrisG winning is the important part here which is cool but man those matches were so completely boring. Doesn't seem very Mahvel to me.
Have you never heard of Spiral?

Time to go to the thrift store and buy a 30$ PS2. Fighting games truly are poverty..
Make 50 characters that play great but aren't so pretty, or 18 that look amazing?

Nose Master

As someone who was really into MvC2 but not so much 3 or 3U, was the finals really that exciting? It looks liked cheesy Soul Fist spam every match. People like that?

The GF themselves weren't great, no. It was more that Chris G has been placing top 8 since Marvel came out and finally won.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It sounds like the consensus is that ChrisG winning is the important part here which is cool but man those matches were so completely boring. Doesn't seem very Mahvel to me.

It's not easy to play his team like that. And you can see that if KBR touches him once it's over. A lot of competitive play isn't about the game itself but the story behind it. Chris G is the Lebron of the FGC. He's liked as much as he's hated and he needed a win to cement his legacy just as Lebron needed one to cement his in Cleveland.

Tizoc

Oh shit. A legit story mode?

GG XX had a story mode
GG Xrd has a story mode
SFA3's arcade mode was a story mode

I'll never get what you kids see in a mode you'll finish up in a week and then all that story info will be replaced by starts and frame data :V

emb

Crazy how KoF went from having the best graphics in a fighting game for most of last gen, to some of the worst this time around. Still looks mad fun, but unfortunate to see it lacking in that aspect.

As much as people shit on how KoF looks it has come leaps and bounds from that initial reveal, which was absolutely terrible.

GG XX had a story mode
GG Xrd has a story mode
SFA3's arcade mode was a story mode

I'll never get what you kids see in a mode you'll finish up in a week and then all that story info will be replaced by starts and frame data :V

Because it helps new people get into the series and introduces folks to the characters in a different way than "This guy looks cool at least." You can appeal to both crowds you know.

SNK seeing the reaction to the new KOF trailer

2i6oyo.png

Korigama

I must say, I was rather amused by SNK basically showing up to say, "Guilty Gear time? NOPE, KoF baby!"

Pretty awkward translator effort, though.

Lulubop

Cool. Chris is the got MvC3 player, he just never one the big one.

RocBase

couldn't be more happy for chris g

overall this was a great showing but i did prefer the play from last year. my biggest gripe was the subdued commentary tho, i understand "eSports" but that doesn't mean they have to lose what precisely makes marvel so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom