• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Li Joe making Top 8
SonicFox getting legit shook
ChrisG finally winning Marvel at EVO

My day has been made and then some

Hero

As someone who was really into MvC2 but not so much 3 or 3U, was the finals really that exciting? It looks liked cheesy Soul Fist spam every match. People like that?

that was hype

and lol at the random shirtless guy

Anime figher time... or as I like to call it, Lunch time.

Cnl5i4SXEAEc5pH.jpg

this is amazing

EmiPrime

Great finals, well deserved ChrisG. Hopefully next year we'll have a PS4 port so the 360s can finally be retired and we get random stage picks.

Shouta

Inb4 it took a dead game for ChrisG to finally win evo. Or maybe I was secretly thinking it the whole top 8.

No but really have the Marvel gods been practicing still?

I don't think they're practicing as much but most have been playing the game long enough that they only need light practice to keep up. Chris G rode the wave and he was playing like he when he was at the height of his Morridoom domination which is why it's so deserved, IMO. He's lost to KBR several times in the last few years as I recall so this win is pretty big.

MechaX

As someone who was really into MvC2 but not so much 3 or 3U, was the finals really that exciting? It looks liked cheesy Soul Fist spam every match. People like that?

Soul Fist spam is boring as all fuck, but for me, it's more about ChrisG finally taking it after like 4 years of flubs.

Alucrid

Banned
Is that a common thing during sports brodcasts? Seems to be incredibly counterproductive to help sell the excitement of the game on top of not being able to see the crowds

i think they're broadcasting the commentators in the arena, so it wouldn't be good if they had the crowd mics too loud

JeTmAn81

So strange to feel so good about Chris G winning EVO. In the heyday of his dominance it probably would've felt like too much.

Coda

I don't watch much UMvC3 these days but EVO is always hype, so much on the line. So much mastery of resets and combos. I can't watch it all day though.

Anth0ny

when marvel was alive prime chris g was hitting those mid screen infinites no problem and it still wasn't enough

took the game's death for him to win evo but i'm still happy for him

Kumubou

I suspect that the audio mixing issues are due to the reverb from the crowd and a lack of crowd mice (from what I can see, anyway). It's not ideal but that echo would sound nasty.

Anime figher time... or as I like to call it, Lunch time.
Wow rude -- that's why they put in four hours of Meele in the schedule. :V

Plz don't kill me, I actually kind of like Meele -- just not four hours of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom