• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Apparently GAF needs a laugh track to know when to laugh.
I enjoy watching the Topanga stream, seeing something incredible happen in a match, and then quickly switching back to the official EVO stream and seeing it all over again. It makes me feel like a clairvoyant.

The Topanga stream really isn't that much better. It's still hard to hear the crowd, it's even harder to hear the game, and you hear unintelligible announcing over the PA like they're streaming in a busy airport.

It really all boils down to them including commentary in the venue PA.
Yeah I'm wondering why everyone was making it seem so godlike compared to the Evo stream.

Neonep

This audio issue. Is this the 1st time this has happened or is it like this every year? I've never experienced anything like this, the UFC has multiple events in that building every year and it's always immaculate.

This audio issue. Is this the 1st time this has happened or is it like this every year? I've never experienced anything like this, the UFC has multiple events in that building every year and it's always immaculate.

Well this is the first year Evo is using this venue

I mean how will SF V work. They have two announcer crews. There's no way they'll let one be piped into the arena right?

Seems like cut the announcers in the arena and pot up the crowd and it should be good.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
i think it's pretty clear at this point that evo 2015 was much more entertaining, i don't think we are even going to make it to a second thread this year

bring back sf4 and ballroom hype

Mik317

its the first time they are in this type of venue (and probably first time having commentary piped in) IIRC.

so learning from mistakes is what is going on right now.

i think it's pretty clear at this point that evo 2015 was much more entertaining, i don't think we are even going to make it to a second thread this year

bring back sf4 and ballroom hype

There are more factors than entertainment that led to this. I've been doing most of my chatting in various Discord channels.

Sticking with the EVO stream. True it could be better but the JP is hard for me. I have to stop thinking about the bad audio mix and start focusing on the great matches I'm not 100% paying attention to.

i don't think they've dealt with a venue this size before. they need to mic the crowd.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh the screens are in that big ass cube? thats pretty fucking cool

Cnl6BymUsAA84Ly.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom