• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlucky

I don't know anything about Guilty Gear anyway, so I guess not having English commentary doesn't matter to me. I did pay to sub to the srkevo streams though. ;_; I wanted to support the evo scholarship.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't know anything about Guilty Gear anyway, so I guess not having English commentary doesn't matter to me. I did pay to sub to the srkevo streams though. ;_; I wanted to support the evo scholarship.

you're helping fgc kids go to college to learn how to mix

It takes a way more resources to stop pumping commentary into the stadium?

Because by my estimation, that should be fixable via a few buttons.

FGC events have traditionally been for the people in attendance more than the people watching at home, that has always been the mentality. It's not going to change overnight. Right now we're witnessing this weird attempted shift into full eSports. Who knows whether they go all the way or just revert back to how they've always done things.

Kikirin

Why isn't he using Raven's gauge filling move? Is it bad?

yeah what exactly does Raven's "that's my fetish" meter do

Might be kinda late, but:

It's pretty risky to use - it's basically like a SF-style focus attack where you armor hits for recoverable life, but the relatively long-ish startup and the long-ish recovery without super / roman canceling makes it somewhat impractical to use against tighter pressure / neutral. While you can still build the gauge from holding the pose without getting hit, you're sacrificing initiative / momentum to get things started vs the opponent in order to do so.

Filling the meter up improves his damage all around, improves the damage / animation for one of his supers, and allows him to combo from his command grabs meterlessly.

Your srkevo sub definitely isn't going to the A/V team, so mission accomplished.

swx

chat noo...

0Clmhkf.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nah i'm sticking to the english stream, the commentary is pretty annoying on the JP one.

Shouta

Topanga stream is waaay better than the main evo stream overall.

The commentary from the JPs has been better overall too. Not to say that the main stream commentary is bad, It's pretty good, but the JPs are doing play by play and explanations. They're also discussing very things as well so to keep the viewers entertained.

wheeplash

Guys, I'm a moderator. I want all spam to stop. We Mods spend so much time trying to clean up all this spam that we aren't able to engage wit the community in the way we would wish to. This is causing a lot of inner conflicts among the chat moderators. A lot of debates go on about which moderators deserve to retain their title and which deserve to descend. If you all kindly stop spamming this will resolve the conflict. Thank-you for the spam-free chat.

LiK

The commentary from the JPs has been better overall too. Not to say that the main stream commentary is bad, It's pretty good, but the JPs are doing play by play and explanations. They're also discussing very things as well so to keep the viewers entertained.

If only I understood Japanese T_T

Sn4ke_911

Yeah i'm sure it's better IF you can understand what they are saying ;)

Sn4ke_911

Guys, I'm a moderator. I want all spam to stop. We Mods spend so much time trying to clean up all this spam that we aren't able to engage wit the community in the way we would wish to. This is causing a lot of inner conflicts among the chat moderators. A lot of debates go on about which moderators deserve to retain their title and which deserve to descend. If you all kindly stop spamming this will resolve the conflict. Thank-you for the spam-free chat.

twitch spam from 2014 lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Aren't you at evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom