• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a lifehack for twitch chats

tumblr_inline_oafp6awBxj1t7fr54_500.gif

...or just use the popout player

XenoRaven

The Topanga stream really isn't that much better. It's still hard to hear the crowd, it's even harder to hear the game, and you hear unintelligible announcing over the PA like they're streaming in a busy airport.

It really all boils down to them including commentary in the venue PA.

The Topanga stream really isn't that much better. It's still hard to hear the crowd, it's even hard to hear the game, and you hear unintelligible announcing over the PA like they're streaming in a busy airport.

It really all boils down to them including commentary in the venue PA.

That and the japanese commentators are clipping the audio too much, it's frankly annoying

88random

Rooting for Omito here, Johnny is so fun.

Might be kinda late, but:

It's pretty risky to use - it's basically like a SF-style focus attack where you armor hits for recoverable life, but the relatively long-ish startup and the long-ish recovery without super / roman canceling makes it somewhat impractical to use against tighter pressure / neutral. While you can still build the gauge from holding the pose without getting hit, you're sacrificing initiative / momentum to get things started vs the opponent in order to do so.

Filling the meter up improves his damage all around, improves the damage / animation for one of his supers, and allows him to combo from his command grabs meterlessly.

Thanks

KingBroly

Banned
They need to kill commentary audio to the venue and make it 100% game audio. I don't know if players there can hear the game (I assume they can) but the whole thing is just so up in the air right now.

kewlmyc

So if the Japanese stream has the crowd audio, why the hell can't the official one have it?

Apparently, the english commentary can be heard throughout the venue, which would lead to echo or something like that.

Though echo cancellation should be able to take care of that if sound crew knew what they were doing.

I hope next year Evo goes back to having the house mic do crowd hype instead of piping commentary through the PA because this isn't working.

I know they consider it a duty to their casual spectators to try and explain what's happening but I don't think fighting games are all that difficult to understand to need PA commentary. They don't do this in athletic sports either.

I dunno why but people on the internet are always more interested in other peoples reactions. I always wonder why reaction vids have so many damn views on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom