• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

Huh so I guess Sm4sh is more derivative of Brawl or something and Melee is "purists"?

Btw Brawl actually had a big scene, at one point it was bigger than Melee. Melee actually had to go through a revival movement to survive (this was way before Evo2013)

VariantX

So why is Melee still played but not Brawl? I've never paid much attention to Smash.

Much slower game than melee, and it seems to have dumb things like tripping for a reason to keep people from dashing too much I guess. Seems designed to lower the skill ceiling from where I stand as an outsider.

Uhh Guilty Gear Revelator is a $60 revision update that makes Xrd Sign obsolete that shit better be free

BB/GG fans don't care they keep willingly buying the $60 updates.

Zackat

this is the first time I have seen any large amount of bits. were there actually a lot yesterday? I didn't have the stream chat on. Seems to have gone over very mildly with other communities lol

Most of the brawl community moved to Smash4. Melee is too different so its community remains there until they get a sequel

Is it a significantly bigger difference than say the difference between Street Fighter 4 and 5?

That's the part that has always confused me.

OK I tried to watch this shit. Bored already. Ill catch SFV in the morning. Goodnight.

821164fd-c364-411c-af0e-7e4960778ab7_text.gif

Is it a significantly bigger difference than say the difference between Street Fighter 4 and 5?

Yes. Wavedashing, ledge mechanics, l-cancels, and a lot of other high skill ceiling advanced techniques were replaced or outright removed in Brawl. They did not return for Smash 4, but Smash 4 has some more high skill ceiling ATs than Brawl.

Hazzuh

Mr Wizard sweating when he sees these matches going to 5+ minutes.

It's almost like the difference between an anime fighter and street fighter or something. Not quite that but it's pretty big.

Anteo

From the little experience i have on both games, yes, there is a big difference. Some peopel compare it to SFV vs Marvel3. Havent played Marvel to confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom