• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Man, was on a phone with a friend who was watching Melee and he absolutely could not understand what was going on, let alone the appeal of playing Smash without items.

To be fair, I can kind of understand that sentiment if you don't have knowledge on high level Smash, but these sets have been pretty entertaining to me so far.

Too bad a Samus player didn't make it to Top 8.

plup is a samus player. best samus in the world

he might use samus in top 8 for certain matchups

JoeInky

A falcon in top 8 doing well
happytears.gif

I tried to watch but I don't quite get it.
Is it the glitches/mechanics like wavedashing (I don't know what that even is) that make it exciting to watch? If I understood the mechanics could I enjoy it as a spectator?

I don't play SF but that's more traditional I guess so I know what is what

jediyoshi

I tried to watch but I don't quite get it.
Is it the glitches/mechanics like wavedashing (I don't know what that even is) that make it exciting to watch? If I understood the mechanics could I enjoy it as a spectator?

I don't play SF but that's more traditional I guess so I know what is what

Sure, on a mechanical level the amount of inputs they're needing to do are more than what's apparent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vyBV94K4SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom