• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
Something happened game 2

His Peach snapped

The powershields and conversions

His float cancelling was perfect

I wanted Plup to win, but that Peach was literally the highest level of Melee I've seen since Mang0 at MLG 2014

Twitch streamers have had donations bullshit for ages, but I guess it was never really integrated into Twitch before.

Most streamers have alerts set up anyway. To be honest I quite like how it's set up for the players here.

Nintendo games are way more enjoyable when I'm not blind drunk and pissed that I won't be able to catch KI finals live because they take so damn long.

Because mistakes can happen that result in a complete loss of a stock which is completely unlike other fighting games that have health bars (barring Marvel). Not just bad decisions, but technical input mistakes such as wavelanding onto the stage incorrectly can lead to you losing your stock. Kind of like what you saw happen with Westballz's first stock vs S2J, he tried to waveland but instead held into the stage incorrectly and resulted in him airdodging into the edge and thus dying.

More stocks also leads to more time to adapt and comebacks to occur which happen incredibly often in Melee.
I disagree. Smash 4 has two stocks and there's plenty of skill in that. No reason Melee shouldn't be 3 stock other than tradition imo

When top 8 started, I doubted Armada was taking the tournament. Mang0 and HBox had been looking much better.

After WF, and not just because he's still on winner's side, Armada is probably gonna take it

depths20XX

I think the thing that has always looked boring about this game is how it just looks like jumping around and fishing for hits. Fox just does the jump kick thing, Jigglypuff just does the jump spin kick thing. I KNOW there's a lot of skill going on there as far as movement it just doesn't look exciting.

Revven

What changed about Ganondorf

One thing that comes to my mind immediately his his forward air being weaker, leading to one of his best moves and ways to KO easily really hurt him. I alsoooo think his Dthrow changed but I can't remember for certain if it did, I could be mixing things up with something else.

The changes are somewhere on the Smash Wiki (too busy watching Melee to link lol)

MechaX

I think the thing that has always looked boring about this game is how it just looks like jumping around and fishing for hits. Fox just does the jump kick thing, Jigglypuff just does the jump spin kick thing. I KNOW there's a lot of skill going on there as far as movement it just doesn't look exciting.

This is pretty much what a friend was complaining about. "Why are they just jumping around? Why are they dashing back and forth? Why does this Jigglypuff keep jumping off of the stage?"

S2J won over West
Plup sent Hbox to loosers

It's not obvious at all

Like I said, don't bother if someone's talking like they clearly don't play / watch the game.

This is pretty much what a friend was complaining about. "Why are they just jumping around? Why are they dashing back and forth? Why does this Jigglypuff keep jumping off of the stage?"

I don't understand why people can't understand it's spacing just like footsies in SFV.

Revven

That's just like someone using Hadoukens at range to zone out the other player in Street Fighter for a little bit (which does happen). Or, someone putting out a move in SF in general to keep them out; it's the footsies just like it is in SF. If you find it boring here, you must find it boring in SF too then, no? Where it's more simplified (not as much movement going on).

Because mistakes can happen that result in a complete loss of a stock which is completely unlike other fighting games that have health bars (barring Marvel). Not just bad decisions, but technical input mistakes such as wavelanding onto the stage incorrectly can lead to you losing your stock. Kind of like what you saw happen with Westballz's first stock vs S2J, he tried to waveland but instead held into the stage incorrectly and resulted in him airdodging into the edge and thus dying.

More stocks also leads to more time to adapt and comebacks to occur which happen incredibly often in Melee.

but how is that different to normal fighting games, it sounds just like you mess up an input your gonna get punished

like how is this any different from just lossing a round due to mess up

Thank you for all the info guys. I'm gonna watch this match and see if I can follow it and enjoy it.
Anytime. Although, HungryBox isn't exactly the most fun player to watch, lol. Even if it doesn't end up clicking with you, I think it's worth trying to see anyway. I tried with Marvel and GG but no dice. Hope you enjoy!

jman2050

How is any of that more "boring" than moving back and forth and throwing out jabs and range moves in neutral in Street Fighter?

When top 8 started, I doubted Armada was taking the tournament. Mang0 and HBox had been looking much better.

After WF, and not just because he's still on winner's side, Armada is probably gonna take it

If you think about it, it seems similar to 2015.

Armada started off pretty damn strong in 2015, begins to lose in the summer but then wins EVO and begins to dominate everyone.

It's literally the same thus far. He had a very strong start to 2016 [Genesis 3, Beast, Summit 2] but been losing more recently. Now its EVO and he hasn't dropped a game in Top 8. Will history repeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom