• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

jett

D-Member
I understand stuff happens, but the production end of SFV at Evo this year has been totally amateur hour. So many offstream matches, no updates on key players, and no brackets. It's really just been awful and the commentary has been very poor at times as well.

?? It's been fine except for just now. There are too many people and too many games to stream everything. Dem's the breaks.

I agree on brackets, it's always been poorly handled.

Number_6

What a piece of shit...FChamp basically bitched his way into winning off stream. Just put on a big show, on the sidelines. Fuck this guy.

EDIT: This^ is what happens when the wife and I get way too drunk and watch Evo. Not pretty.

Tripon

That's how we end SFV tonight. Off stream. With FChamp causing 3 different disconnects in order to pace himself to a win into top 8 losers.

NotLiquid

Smash 4 Top 8

Winners:
TSM ZeRo (Diddy) v P1 Tweek (Cloud)
MVG Salem (Bayonetta) v MSF Larry Lurr (Fox)

Losers:
CLG VoiD (Sheik) v NRG Nairo (Zero Suit Samus)
KEN (Sonic) v RNG Dabuz (Rosalina & Luma)

I understand stuff happens, but the production end of SFV at Evo this year has been totally amateur hour. So many offstream matches, no updates on key players, and no brackets. It's really just been awful and the commentary has been very poor at times as well.
The only thing they didn't get right is not having a second stream like they did for SFIV back in the day. Commentary can't be helped. It's been poor for about every game but tekken and maybe marvel.

jett

D-Member
What a piece of shit...FChamp basically bitched his way into winning off stream. Just put on a big show, on the sidelines. Fuck this guy.

There's no real reason to say FChamp bitched his way into winning. He was up 1-0 when the shenanigans ensued.

Blizzard

Banned
PS4's fault? "DQ him"
It wasn't the PS4's fault, or at least not completely. He popped off, broke his own stick, and possibly the console in the process, as far has been currently reported.

Had he not popped off and been massively disrespectful, which he admits he does to get attention / views, the whole thing possibly could be avoided.

ironmang

With top 8 on the line people expect champ to just roll with it and hope his stick doesn't fuck up again? lol. It's only 6pm there and it was the last match. DQing him would have been absurd.

Hueytothe

It wasn't the PS4's fault, or at least not completely. He popped off, broke his own stick, and possibly the console in the process, as far has been currently reported.

Had he not popped off and been massively disrespectful, which he admits he does to get attention / views, the whole thing possibly could be avoided.
popping off isnt disrespectful

.la1n

how dare he show passion

Oh I have no problem with showing passion. It's his history of straight up screaming at other players, going into profanity ridden tirades, discouraging new players from playing that I find appalling. Unless you want to call that passion as well?

Jebusman

Banned
With top 8 on the line people expect champ to just roll with it and hope his stick doesn't fuck up again? lol. It's only 6pm there and it was the last match. DQing him would have been absurd.

I mean people would expect him to not pop off and break hardware in the process, then getting away with it because he's FChamp.

Top Bottom