• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Blizzard

Banned
popping off isnt disrespectful
Behaving the way he did, and has done in the past, and delaying the way he did today, is disrespectful.

I don't think he even hides it -- as someone mentioned above, he acknowledges he does this sort of thing to build a heel reputation / get views etc.

Oh I have no problem with showing passion. It's his history of straight up screaming at other players, going into profanity ridden tirades, discouraging new players from playing that I find appalling. Unless you want to call that passion as well?
This sort of thing.

Moaradin

Lmao people saying Champ popping off was disrespectful? He just won a very intense match. Who the hell wouldn't get excited after that?

But no, that was all just his master plan to get his stick to break /s

Wallach

It wasn't the PS4's fault, or at least not completely. He popped off, broke his own stick, and possibly the console in the process, as far has been currently reported.

Had he not popped off and been massively disrespectful, which he admits he does to get attention / views, the whole thing possibly could be avoided.

How do we know his stick broke? I don't get it, he "popped off" in his chair. What the fuck would have happened?

People just making up their own narratives, shit's dumb. Let the officials that decided the situation tell you what happened.

Hueytothe

Behaving the way he did, and has done in the past, and delaying the way he did today, is disrespectful.

I don't think he even hides it -- as someone mentioned above, he acknowledges he does this sort of thing to build a heel reputation / get views etc.

This sort of thing.
You werent there and are assuming the worst of him, I dont think he was trying to cause a scene but rather trying to alert a TO about the issue or look for a replacement stick

Boke1879

Also I'm not saying Champ wouldn't have won. But all that extra shit he was doing most likely caused this.

I mean everything was fine until he started popping off and possibly breaking shit. Thus delaying shit.

You don't think that has a negative impact on his opponent as well?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
The PS4's disconnecting has been reported a lot during pools due to bad ground.

Evo staff let them play it off stream they made the call. They should make offical statement.

Anyway fuck all dat shit

MARVEL IS GOING OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/evo3

ironmang

I mean people would expect him to not pop off and break hardware in the process, then getting away with it because he's FChamp.

He's playing for top 8 at evo and was excited after going up a game. Accidents happen.
Those people need to get over it lmao.

People thinking Du isn't a fan favorite are gonna need to provide some receipts STAT.
Is there anyone here for ESPN to manufacture a sappy story like last year with LI Joe and his dad? lol

If I were Du I wouldn't sign off on it, but they could bring up how he was on the verge of committing suicide last year.

.la1n

You werent there and are assuming the worst of him, I dont think he was trying to cause a scene but rather trying to alert a TO about the issue or look for a replacement stick

Anyone assuming the worst of him is his own doing. The boy that cried wolf etc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
God damn what is this Wong v Nemo fight.

So down to the wire.

Top Bottom