• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Apathy

The thing that makes Aquaman so annoying to watch is seeing how much chip damage the trident Rush does. The opponent does the right thing and blocks and gets punished for it

as a first time watcher of injustice 2, holy fuck does that trident rush do a disgusting amount of damage on hit and on chip.

SenkiDala

Lmao at all the losers mad at champ

He played the rules the right way, that's why he's in top 8

Absolutly not, faulty sticks happens all the time at EVO but everytime the rule is the same: if you lost you lost, even if it was because of a faulty hardware. I saw it dozens of time. But because he's American they got him a "special treatment".

Jebusman

Banned
Hm... can't say that (although this was pre-heel) because he was okay when Kusaru unplugged his controller (or paused the game? forget) accidentally when he landed the super that won him the match. Although at that point the match itself was pretty decided but the waived any DQ on that and Champ was okay with it too.

Pausing during a super isn't a DQ if you let the animation play out and the super kills. I'm sure Champ's pretty aware of that.

pooptest

This is a consistent behavior pattern with Champ. Pop off like mad at even the slightest upside he gets, or literally bitch and complain about even the most tiny minutia in order to get ahead.

Real talk, 100%, if his opponent's stick failed, Champ would be screaming for murder. Champ has zero fucking respect for anybody, so I don't see why we should have any respect for him and his bullshit.

You know what they say about making assumptions...

Anyway, glad FChamp made it to top 8. He deserves it. He always gets knocked out in pools and it's good to see a Dhalsim in top 8.

Absolutly not, faulty sticks happens all the time at EVO but everytime the rule is the same: if you lost you lost, even if it was because of a faulty hardware. I saw it dozens of time. But because he's American they got him a "special treatment".

You really have no idea what your talking about lmao

It's ok to admit that Champ is actually that good and the overseas players aren't that good rofl

Wallach

We don't even know if it was his stick's fault. That wasn't the case earlier in BlazBlue today, it was the console disconnecting sticks.

Seriously, you guys need to just stop assuming you know what the fuck happened.

Smash Wii U top 8

Winners:
TSM ZeRo (Diddy Kong) vs. P1 Tweek (Cloud)
MVG Salem (Bayonetta) vs. MSF Larry Lurr (Fox)

Losers:
KEN (Sonic) vs. RNG Dabuz (Rosalina & Luma)
CLG VoiD (Sheik) vs. NRG Nairo (ZeRo Suit Samus)

GeoNeo

I disagree.
did you guys miss the stuff about setups having power issues earlier today

or yesterday

They are ignoring it on purpose I guess? A ton of people been blowing up this EVO for all the issues.

Evo needs to stand the fuck up and release a statement not just for FCHAMP shit but also all the other people that got screwed up due to the bad setups.

Moaradin

Nope. The rule is if you disconnect mid match you automatically lose the round, but disconnects during animations that would kill don't count. This was a unique situation since this was mid round so they probably don't have any hard rules for that, but they probably considered it in the same category as disconnects during animations.

mbpm1

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought all that teabagging and blatant disrespect was offputting. Like, I still hope an American wins just to finally get there but I'd much rather it be someone like snake eyez.

They are absolutely fan favorites.

Maybe not Fchamp but Du and Punk for sure

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't tell me people are going after PS4 ports because of the connection issues.
It's not the PS4's fault if the ground isn't connected. Honestly, all the usb and audio issues sound like this might be an actual problem. Very much a tournament problem, too.

SenkiDala

We don't even know if it was his stick's fault. That wasn't the case earlier in BlazBlue today, it was the console disconnecting sticks.

Seriously, you guys need to just stop assuming you know what the fuck happened.

The default he mentionned on twitter (ps4 doesn't have enough power to at the same time support 2 pro sticks + streaming the match online) is absurd, USB problems happens all the times on ps4 and when it happens, all the USB ports are disconnected, Verloren stick was working fine...

Uncreative

Neo Member
I can't figure out who to cheer for tomorrow. I'd like the US to win SF for once, but I'd also like Gief to win. Dhalsim winning would obviously be cool, but I can't really root for Champ.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Who is top 8 in SFV?

From my sources (friend of mine):

Winners bracket
PG|Punk (Karin) vs. DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile, R. Mika) vs. GGP|Kazunoko (Cammy)

Losers bracket
Moke (Rashid) vs. GRPT|MOV (Chun-Li)
FOX|Tokido (Akuma) vs. SPY|Filipino Champ (Dhalsim)

Top Bottom