• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

mreddie

mVn6Qbe.gif

mVn6Qbe.gif

mVn6Qbe.gif

patchday

man trident rush damage is just crazy insane. Honeybee wish you went Flash at the start but I understand your thought process. At least The Flash player got 2nd at Evo that counts for something

.la1n

I cannot imagine a situation where QA was playing Aquaman at NRS and thought "this trident rush chip is juuuuuust right."

sinkfla87

Nah. Part of the skill in fighting games is making decisions. Both the decision to play an Aquaman mirror for two games, and basically all of his defensive decisions in the fifth game were poor.

This is true actually. I do think Honeybee should have chosen Flash from the start. It's just ridiculous that Honeybee had to put in so much work just to end up getting chipped out by Trident Rush. I mean dragon didn't even land the Trident Rushes fully in the end because he was just spamming. I would be less upset if it were actually high level Aquaman play but instead we got player match comp mode off noob spam lol.

No Starfire trailer?!!

Edit: I feel kind of bad that they booed him though lol.

MechaX

Why

At no point

Did anyone from NRS think to themselves "maybe Trident Rush shouldn't do 20% fucking percent damage on block. And still be fucking safe afterwards."

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Today felt especially brutal as far as stuff I wanted to watch going on at the same time. Too many semifinals and top 8s running at the same time. And that's not even factoring in side stuff.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any conflicting top 8s. A ton of huge conflicting top 16s though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why

At no point

Did anyone from NRS think to themselves "maybe Trident Rush shouldn't do 20% fucking percent damage on block. And still be fucking safe afterwards."

Don't worry. They'll get it right in one of the next 15 patches in the following 6 months.

Wallach

This is true to an extent. I do think Honeybee should have chosen Flash from the start. It's just ridiculous that Honeybee had to put in so much work just to end up getting chipped out by Trident Rush. I mean dragon didn't even land the Trident Rushes fully in the end because he was just spamming. I would be less upset if it were actually high level Aquaman play but instead we got player match comp mode off noob spam lol.

No Starfire trailer?!!

I think it's kind of absurd to pretend Noble Dragon is not doing "high level Aquaman play" when he ran through the best players in the world to win. Come on. If there is such a thing as high level Aquaman play, you just saw it.

You also have to ask yourself if Honeybee is such a better player, and those Aquaman tools are indeed that broken, why did he lose the first two games? Same tools, right? The better player should win?

I dunno. I do know the last game was a mauling and Honeybee looked free as fuck because not only did he fail to block a damn thing he wasted every trait activation and didn't make any good use of his meter like he did in games 3 and 4.

patchday

Why

At no point

I'm kinda not surprised though. It's their same bad design logic that gave Wonder Woman a random trait that no pro ever uses (at least from what I recall from streams at Evo) and taking away her Air Dash from IJ1 (or rather moving it into a random hero power)

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Why

At no point

Because they are dumb as fuck.

Aquaman did hella fucking stupid chip in first game too they never learn.

Man almost every game has one or two characters everyone hates lol and gets salty about.

Blazblue has like 5 characters that make everyone hate seeing on the character select screen, especially if you play against them. Mori definitely did not give a damn, and just said, "I think this shit is cool, let's roll with it!"

patchday

I think it's kind of absurd to pretend Noble Dragon is not doing "high level Aquaman play" when he ran through the best players in the world to win. Come on. If there is such a thing as high level Aquaman play, you just saw it.

You also have to ask yourself if Honeybee is such a better player, and those Aquaman tools are indeed that broken, why did he lose the first two games? Same tools, right? The better player should win?

I dunno. I do know the last game was a mauling and Honeybee looked free as fuck because not only did he fail to block a damn thing he wasted every trait activation and didn't make any good use of his meter like he did in games 3 and 4.

That's the main issue. The Flash has to play a 100% perfect game while the Aquaman can just basically spam Trident Rush all the way to the win

Top Bottom