• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Cody_D165

Banned
Mind linking the tweet? What's this about?

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/886420453195108352

basically, HBox broke EVO ruleset by having Crunch coach him during his game with SFAT

he was issued a yellow card but not DQ'd on the grounds that "SFAT got coached too" except the fact that G-money didn't coach SFAT at all and was clearly mocking Crunch's run onstage after the previous game.

Likely nothing else comes of this. Hilarious as far as the ignorance involved goes though...

mreddie

I will still argue that this is the most balanced NRS game to date but GODDAMN their failure to make Aquaman a fair character is embarrassing.

Red Hood
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Flash
Catwoman

Honestly it was a fairly diverse top 8.

Yep and I thought Hood was cheaper than Aquaman.

patchday

Yeah pretty much this. Flash makes one mistake he gets punished ANYWHERE on the screen, leading into a high damage combo. If Aquaman fails to punish that mistake with his own mistake, he just pops the trait that refills faster than his opponents and drops himself out of the combo. B123 D1 MB Trident Rush is a ridiculous blockstring and even when guarded, still chips a dumb amount of health away. Honeybee did look free as fuck in the end there though which was heartbreaking. I wish we could see the button log for dragon:

DfDf11r21Df11r2Df1

Probably would have looked something like that.

I don't know how anyone could have watched this tournament in full like I have and say Dragon and Honeybee are on par with each other. Honeybees biggest downfall was attempting to mirror him despite not playing Aquaman AT ALL today. Overall, Dragon did indeed make the better decision by picking the most broken character in the game. That's not opinion, the proof is in the frame data lol.

LOL! Fully agree btw

I will still argue that this is the most balanced NRS game to date but GODDAMN their failure to make Aquaman a fair character is embarrassing.

Red Hood
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Flash
Catwoman

Agree'd!! I really enjoyed watching this tournament.

Aquaman next year

latest

I honestly think a Spongebob fighter would be pretty damn popular. At least for one year anyway.

.la1n

basically, HBox broke EVO ruleset by having Crunch coach him during his game with SFAT

he was issued a yellow card but not DQ'd on the grounds that "SFAT got coached too" except the fact that G-money didn't coach SFAT at all and was clearly mocking Crunch's run onstage after the previous game.

Likely nothing else comes of this. Hilarious as far as the ignorance involved goes though...

That's a pretty big fail on EVO's part. It's clear only one player violated the rules.

Better Arakune than Azrael.

I began to watch the stream 1 or 2 hours ago, i didnt see much Azrael yet... I think

But i think my biggest problem is that i stopped playing BB on CS extend, so i dont have any bad experiemces with the new characters

If the chat is correct, the current top tier is Izanami, Azrael and Arakune?

And it seems that the ragna players really dropped since then.

Keylow415

Red Hood
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Flash
Catwoman

Also that animation is super bland too so looking at it all match gets boring

The pop offs

But it's not like SFAT could have done anything about G-Money running up on stage though? So he didn't really break any rules, right?

Melee top 8 starting! WITH Prog on the mic!

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Red Hood
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Flash
Catwoman

Oh I agree IJ2 was hype.

You all hating aquaman and i'm here hating arakune on BB stream.

I dont really know advanced stuff, but when >50% of the matchs involve a certain character in a 30+ rooster, things can get boring

How i chose the one i root for

Any player against Arakune
Any player who uses an unusual pick

Arakune and Grant are the only reason Japan isn't dominating the top 8.

Wallach

But it's not like SFAT could have done anything about G-Money running up on stage though? So he didn't really break any rules.

I'm not sure that's any different on the other end, it didn't look like Hungrybox called the other guy up.

I feel like they may have done the right thing here. Unfortunately both SFAT and G-money were clearly exchanging words, whether they were being "serious" or not without them being mic'd I'm not sure you want to make a subjective call.

Jebusman

Banned

They will bend over backwards to find ways not to DQ notable pro players. This will continue for as long as the FGC is the FGC.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, all 4 of the melee gods are in the winners semis. Will anything mix that up?

Top Bottom