• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

JAXXX

DE0yMbYWAAAvXkA.jpg

Why

At no point

Did anyone from NRS think to themselves "maybe Trident Rush shouldn't do 20% fucking percent damage on block. And still be fucking safe afterwards."
NRS is sloppy at game balance. See: Their projectile game.
Dinner with the family and missed some SFV today. Who's in the top 8. I already know about Du and Punk.
Du
Punk
Kazunoko
Itabashi
MOV
Moke
Tokido
FChamp

Keylow415

Blazblue has like 5 characters that make everyone hate seeing on the character select screen, especially if you play against them. Mori definitely did not give a damn, and just said, "I think this shit is cool, let's roll with it!"

Haven't watched or played B.B. in awhile and with aquaman stuff. It just cracks me up that everyone bitch about sfv and every game has the same thing. I mean evey fighting game always has had that.

You all hating aquaman and i'm here hating arakune on BB stream.

I dont really know advanced stuff, but when >50% of the matchs involve a certain character in a 30+ rooster, things can get boring

How i chose the one i root for

Any player against Arakune
Any player who uses an unusual pick

Evo this year has been kinda shit.

Audible boos during Injustice 2 finale. Honeybee should of won.

Even the commentators:"And the crowd goes silent" whenever Arakune wins.

Haven't wanted or played B.B. in awhile and with aquaman stuff. I just cracks me up that everyone bitch about sfv and every game has the same thing. I mean evey fighting game always has had that.

Lol. Yea I know what you mean. There is always something that will make anyone angry in any fighting game, since generally the best way of winning also correlates to pissing a lot of people off.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why

At no point

Did anyone from NRS think to themselves "maybe Trident Rush shouldn't do 20% fucking percent damage on block. And still be fucking safe afterwards."

It really is a very good question.

At least it seems fairly certain that aquaman would be absolutely brokenly bad without that, if that's any consolation.

sinkfla87

That's the main issue. The Flash has to play a 100% perfect game while the Aquaman can just basically spam Trident Rush all the way to the win

Yeah pretty much this. Flash makes one mistake he gets punished ANYWHERE on the screen, leading into a high damage combo. If Aquaman fails to punish that mistake with his own mistake, he just pops the trait that refills faster than his opponents and drops himself out of the combo. B123 D1 MB Trident Rush is a ridiculous blockstring and even when guarded, still chips a dumb amount of health away. Honeybee did look free as fuck in the end there though which was heartbreaking. I wish we could see the button log for dragon:

DfDf11r21Df11r2Df1

Probably would have looked something like that.

I don't know how anyone could have watched this tournament in full like I have and say Dragon and Honeybee are on par with each other. Honeybees biggest downfall was attempting to mirror him despite not playing Aquaman AT ALL today. Overall, Dragon did indeed make the better decision by picking the most broken character in the game. That's not opinion, the proof is in the frame data lol.

Haven't wanted or played B.B. in awhile and with aquaman stuff. It just cracks me up that everyone bitch about sfv and every game has the same thing. I mean evey fighting game always has had that.

True, but the only recent games I can think of that have been that bad are Marvel with Dark Vergil and Smash 4 with Diddy Kong pre-patch.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
All these great melee songs with no chance of the stages they represent being represented here.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Agreed.

Oh, absolutely. Having followed BB since Calamity Trigger, I can vouch for this (and that was back when he could curse people instantaneously, no need to build up a curse meter for it first).

I played Bang when BB first came out and I remember fighting Arakune at a local in OKC. Shit felt like I was playing a bullet hell shooter.

WarRock

You all hating aquaman and i'm here hating arakune on BB stream.

I dont really know advanced stuff, but when >50% of the matchs involve a certain character in a 30+ rooster, things can get boring

How i chose the one i root for

Any player against Arakune
Any player who uses an unusual pick
Better Arakune than Azrael.

sinkfla87

I will still argue that this is the most balanced NRS game to date but GODDAMN their failure to make Aquaman a fair character is embarrassing.

Red Hood
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Flash
Catwoman

Honestly it was a fairly diverse top 8.

Top Bottom