• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Dyle

L E G A L I Z E P O K E F L O A T S

Please, just listen to how hype this music is, who cares about proper play, lol?

RocBase

On one hand, it's a heart breaker that such a talented and skilled player like RayRay has not gotten an EVO win the game...

On the other hand... that was karma in its purest form. Dude was shouting it was over when there was still Doom on the other end with some resources.

IT AIN'T OVER 'TILL IT'S OVER... CUZ IT'S GOD DAMN MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

this is exactly how i feel as well

GeoNeo

I disagree.
On one hand, it's a heart breaker that such a talented and skilled player like RayRay has not gotten an EVO win the game...

On the other hand... that was karma in its purest form. Dude was shouting it was over when there was still Doom on the other end with some resources.

IT AIN'T OVER 'TILL IT'S OVER... CUZ IT'S GOD DAMN MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

I love watching Ray Ray lose. ROFL. 😂 He indeed has said shit like white people can't play Magneto in the past as well..sweet sweet Karma.

QuackBot is a mad cool dude too. So happy for him.

Who's considered the best BB player in the world currently? Or if not that, top 3?

Fenrich is considered one of the best and he plays Jin, but he isn't unstoppable, because he did lost at IIRC KVO x TSB like 2-3 months ago. The grand finals of that was a Nine vs. Izanami, though I can't remember the names of the players.

Can be accepted though FD and Omegas are treated the same with regards to stage bans. Generally has to be gentlemaned to play on an Omega versus FD since some have longer walls allowing wall-jumping

Right. I forgot they have different walls between some omega stages. Aren't some also different lengths as well? I haven't played Smash 4 in a bit so I forget.

Eli + Yipes is really good. My favorite commenting duo is Mike Ross + Zhi.

Zhi says something then Mike Ross always has that, "OMG, you just said that on stream?!" reaction.

Best commentator combos:

TastyJam
Zhi + Sajam
D1 + Prog/TK Breezy
UltraChen
Gootecks + Mike Ross
Yipes + Persia/Spooky/Combofiend
Markman + Aris

Really Yipes, D1, Spooky, and Zhi, and Sajam elevate anyone else they're commentating with.

Tripon

Lmao stop crying so much. Champ was clearly the better player, that's why he's playing tomorrow and all these losers who are crying aren't rofl

Yeah, just needed to stall over 15 minutes to do so.

BTW, EVO rules.

Reporting Equipment Failure: Video game hardware has a tendency to break down during tournaments. Buttons or joysticks will occasionally break down in the middle of a match, leaving the player on the broken side at a significant disadvantage. The following rules will be used in the event of a breakdown.
In the event of an equipment failure, they player has the option to stop the Game in progress to obtain an replacement.
If a Game is stopped in progress, the reporting player must forfeit the current round.
New equipment must be immediately available. If replacement equipment cannot be obtained in a timely manner, the player must continue to play on their current equipment or forfeit the Match.
Once replacement equipment is obtained, the player is given the rest of the round to configure their buttons and test the new equipment. If the player gains an undue advantage by doing so (e.g. charging an abundance of super meter), they must forfeit the Game.
A player may opt to switch out equipment between Games at no penalty. When this occurs, the player will be given ample time to configure his buttons before the next Game begins.

Unlucky

Lmao Smug photobombs
DE1Fsb0UwAAhoEL.jpg

https://twitter.com/SmugDaBeast/status/886441338270384128

pooptest

Yeah, just needed to stall over 15 minutes to do so.

BTW, EVO rules.

Are you new to the thread?

There was reported equipment errors even on Day 1. Audio / Controller issues have been happening all day.

Go QQ somewhere else.

Champ's the better player.

Top Bottom