• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

BlazBlue Winners
Fumi vs. Fenritti
Ryusei vs. Kaibutsukun

Losers
Mt. Takao vs. Tochigin
DoraBang vs. Souji

The crazy thing about this is that I think there are no repeat characters.

Nine vs. Jin
Carl vs. Izanami
Rachel vs. Azrael
Either Bang or Mu vs. Arakune

I hope Dora pulls another miracle against the Arakune matchup.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ISDD is a hardcore Army guy and wants to impress real life generals. What.

Smug and him about to begin. All the horns are cracking me up.

Raitaro

Can someone tell me why the f*ck the Capcomfighters Twitch channel STILL requires a subscription for past broadcasts????

How can EU folks catch up with EVO if we have to wait for (free!) youtube uploads that often spoil results by showing names and being uploaded in small chunks? If the EVO streams can be free, surely Capcom can throw non-US viewers a bone here? I have no idea how to easily jump into SFV top 64 or 32 now...

Edit: seems like the Capcom Fighters youtube channel is up to part 2 of top 64, which is better than nothing I guess. Still, if those can be free, why the heck does Capcom charge for the same content on Twitch? It really makes no sense to me.

Raitaro

They're restreaming the day's matches right now. Top 32. Hide chat to avoid spoilers.
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Ok, that is something I guess but ideally I'd be able to choose myself where I want to jump in instead of being dependent on their stream times again. As I said in my edit, it just doesn't make sense to me why Capcom can't allow free access to their past content on twitch while the actual streams as well as their youtube stuff - or all of the Evo channels stream content for that matter - is completely free.

Cheers for the tip though.

Edit: I think they're doing top 64 by the way, not top 32. No idea how far along into it we are though...which is part of the problem of being dependent on these streams...

Edit 2: or is it top 16 even?! The stream title says top 64 but the top of the screen says top 16...see Capcom, this is why we need full, free past broadcast streams!

Edit 3: yeah, it's top 16 for sure...sigh...I kinda want to start at top 32 but it seems I can't since Capcom has not uploaded those yet. If only the SFV matches would be streamed on any of the evo channels that do offer free access...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well at least he's a good sport about it. Doesn't take away how good he is. He opened the way for many players moving ahead taking out Snake.

Smug making more money than most competitors.

Barfights in person was awesome.

My favorite part is the normal people around us in Vegas for vacation and instead of the dance floor in that bar, there's Street Fighter. They must be wondering wtf is going on here.

Unlucky

Edit: or is it top 16 even?! The stream title says top 64 but the top of the screen says top 16...see Capcom, this is why we need full, free past broadcast streams!
Stay tuned to Capcomfighters after this restream is over. They may restream it a second time, from the top. I've seen them do it before.

For future reference, CapcomFighters frequently does restream CPT events on twitch, usually beginning immediately after the event concludes. It's not a special thing just for EVO. Check it the next time you have to miss an event. I agree with you that making the VODs available to non-subscribers, to view when/how they wish would be better, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Baleoce

Glad I went to bed when that FChamp match for top 8 started stalling. I hear it was power issues? Also what was that Smash thing all about with the two coaches, except one of them wasn't really a coach but the TO's still decided he was coached. So the two DQ's cancelled each other out (wut). Can anyone just run up to you on stage now and get you DQ'd? If so that's kinda piss poor for a tournament of this calibre :s

Top Bottom