• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Glad I went to bed when that FChamp match for top 8 started stalling. I hear it was power issues? Also what was that Smash thing all about with the two coaches, except one of them wasn't really a coach but the TO's still decided he was coached. So the two DQ's cancelled each other out (wut). Can anyone just run up to you on stage now and get you DQ'd? If so that's kinda piss poor for a tournament of this calibre :s

Hungrybox, a top player that many dislike for playing a zoning character (Puff), had someone come on stage to give him some coaching in between games.

Hungrybox got 3rd but someone was complaining that top 8 shouldn't have any coaching and that he should've been DQ'd.

But the player complaining had a friend come up on stage and goof off in between games so Mr. Wizard said that the coaching was fine.

I think it was more people wanting to hate on Hungrybox than anything.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So they really aren't streaming Barfights and Smug vs ISDD anywhere? Weird.

Does anybody know if there was a Tekken 7 after hours stream? I swear I saw a poster for it but I might be wrong!
There was definitely one on friday, but I can't find it

edit:

Here!

https://www.twitch.tv/sbgcofficial

DE0iUPIVYAAVmY5.jpg:large

Baleoce

Hungrybox, a top player that many dislike for playing a zoning character (Puff), had someone come on stage to give him some coaching in between games.

Hungrybox got 3rd but someone was complaining that top 8 shouldn't have any coaching and that he should've been DQ'd.

But the player complaining had a friend come up on stage and goof off in between games so Mr. Wizard said that the coaching was fine.

I think it was more people wanting to hate on Hungrybox than anything.

So the friend of the other guy screwed him over, seen as he actually had a valid point. And he never even asked his friend to come up. Coaching is banned on stage in top 8. If they're going to enforce that rule, they need to be much clearer on it. If anyone can just run up to you and start spewing off then you instantly fall under suspicion it's not fair. You need a T.O or two on hand *just* to listen to conversations to derive context, if you actually want that rule to be useful. Or just.. stop non competitors from coming up on stage at all.

He doesn't live in an area with high competition either, does he?

that's right

Compared to the US, he lives in a very weak area. Even Leffen [lives same country] has it easy compared to Armada's rise - at least he has Armada, the latter had pretty had nobody challenging him for years and had to play with CPU's just to keep up with the Americans.

Raitaro

Stay tuned to Capcomfighters after this restream is over. They may restream it a second time, from the top. I've seen them do it before.

For future reference, CapcomFighters frequently does restream CPT events on twitch, usually beginning immediately after the event concludes. It's not a special thing just for EVO. Check it the next time you have to miss an event. I agree with you that making the VODs available to non-subscribers, to view when/how they wish would be better, but... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the tip my friend. I wasn't really aware that they keep repeating streams.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how long till Marvel? the whole US time vs EU rime confuses me.

Yeah I usually stay up for Street Fighter finals but I'm getting too old lol. Will catch it on YouTube tomorrow.
I always struggle to avoid spoilers the day after. Even been burned by the thumbnails of a top 8 video haha, going to record it on ESPN or Disney I think!

Vice

Was there a wnf vs nlbc salty stream? Want to check it out
The bar fights one. Same as ISDd v. Smug.

Tekken Suite was great to be in. Can't believe it was still going a few minutes ago. Fuck, I need to learn this game on a competitive level.

Tan

Since I wasn't watching SFV at the time, could I get a brief summary of what happened during FChamp's controversial win? Or a link to when it happened?

Apparently the venue has been having some power problems. Someone on twitter was saying they were seeing controllers disconnected as headphones were plugged in. And a fair number of people were having audio issues with their headphones when playing.
Either champ noticed the issues in the first game he won and ran around looking for help, or him popping off disconnected his stick and unveiled the problems everyone else had already been having. So there was a long break trying to fix the issue until they decided to go to one of the ground floor PS4s to finish the match.

Today is going to be so good, so many finals to watch, going to enjoy them all.

Since I wasn't watching SFV at the time, could I get a brief summary of what happened during FChamp's controversial win? Or a link to when it happened?

I think he had two pauses and they moved to another off-stream ps4 because he was saying the console was suffering from power issues, which reportedly other ps4's were doing the same thing over the day.

That's the basics of it.

Is this worth watching on ESPN2 or do they have their own weird analysis and loads of ads?

I ws unable to watch it last year but they had completely different commentators and cameras compared to the stream, so it's up to you which you would prefer at the time.

Top Bottom