• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The commentators are piped into the arena so if they turned on crowd noise you would hear an echo of Yipes and Persia.
So it will be the same weird silent crowd audio setup as last year? That's a real shame. Other esport streams get it to work, why don't they?

Shouta

Some people mentioned that the power ground wasn't working which fits these USB and audio issues. And it's not uncommon for temporary setups like these tournaments.
But to have that at different locations would be weird.

We have no idea how the circuits are setup or the way the power is distributed. It's really not that weird to see it in different locations.

Anybody got picks for SFV top 8?

Winners
Punk vs Itazan
Nuckle Du vs Kazunoko

Losers
Moke vs MOV
FChamp vs Tokido

PM me for bets, I'll take any of these for 10.

Also if someone gets to me before winners finals starts, I'll take Chris G over RyanLV to win EVO for 10.

Linari

Neo Member
Jesus Ryan's Morrigan is so damn clean. Holy moly.

She such a beautiful(broken) character. Up there with Yu Narukami (sweep, 5D 4ever).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
We have no idea how the circuits are setup or the way the power is distributed. It's really not that weird to see it in different locations.
I mean, this isn't even the same venue and they have exactly one setup, so to have the exact same problem would def be weird...

NotLiquid

The Nick shirt
qbCcHtM.png

jett

D-Member
are there no crowd mics on the main stream? I know it's early morning but it seems like it's silent.

The commentators are piped into the arena so if they turned on crowd noise you would hear an echo of Yipes and Persia.

I think they have their own in-venue commentators? You can somebody speaking in the background. Anyway this means audience volume will be super low at best again. Streamers getting the shaft.

p.s. You could hear people in PAULINK's stream.

Shouta

I mean, this isn't even the same venue and they have exactly one setup, so to have the exact same problem would def be weird...

Probably a precaution more than anything. The other aspect is that these PS4s are Gaming Generations' which means they're transported all over the place. It's not out of the question that they picked up some damage in transport over all the events they've been used at.

Robiin

Quick question when I'm in the bathroom at work. I will be home at midnight my time (Oslo). It is now 5.30pm. Will I be able to catch Smash 4 live?

I think they have their own in-venue commentators? You can somebody speaking in the background. Anyway this means audience volume will be super low at best again. Streamers getting the shaft.

p.s. You could hear people in PAULINK's stream.

That would be a welcome change from last year. I do hear someone else, but not sure who it is.

Paulink should hopefully be able to clarify.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I like how things have evolved to a point where every top tier character is such a threat that Phoenix players don't think twice about spending meter to kill characters.

Top Bottom