• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

JayEH

I can't find EVO on ESPN2(HD). Trying to pre-record with DirecTV via mobile / website.

Anyone know if it's not going to be on there now? I DID find it on DIsneyXD, though.

I didn't see it either but I'm guessing it's because this was a last minute addition and they didn't have time to update the schedule.

MrDaravon

Like how do they not have Yipes and Persia seated somewhere where we're not going to hear the in-house commentary? It's much better than the problems from last year but come on

Josh5890

Nah, they should just remove the games I don't to make more time for it.

But seriously though, it's not going to take nearly that long. As it has been said before, Bo3 until the finals. That and 6 for the top 8 are fairly agro players (5 if Salem gets behind in the set count and camps). That and and the Smash 4 offensive meta has come along way, at two stock the finals should be comparable to Melee's in terms of length.

Plus, Smash 4 isn't even going to start on time anyway so the extra long block is just a good enough buffer to keep Street Fighter V from starting too late.

Like how do they not have Yipes and Persia seated somewhere where we're not going to hear the in-house commentary? It's much better than the problems from last year but come on

It's the trade-off they have to make. You either get in-house commentary or no crowd noise.

Handled a lot better than last year so far at least

NotLiquid

3t0fm2O.gif

pooptest

I didn't see it either but I'm guessing it's because this was a last minute addition and they didn't have time to update the schedule.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I just set it to manually do 7-10PM anyway and also did Disney. Assuming they're gonna have different commentators for each like they did last year with Twitch and EPSN2.

Also, hope Marvel's final year doesn't go out with that racist asshole taking the win.

Yeah, only Disney XD actually has both games listed.

Ironically, Disney owns both channels.

cj_iwakura

I'm hearing NorCal didn't show up to Catherine salty suites last night. They must be shook as f. It's like seeing America eliminated from Marvel.

Josh5890

Is anyone watching Twitch on their PS4? My stream keeps repeating the last few seconds constantly and then finally skipping ahead. It is really annoying

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Is anyone watching Twitch on their PS4? My stream keeps repeating the last few seconds constantly and then finally skipping ahead. It is really annoying
Same thing was happening to me on Friday, but today it has been perfect for me.

On Friday I watched a YouTube livestream to get around the issue. The quality was lower, but I wanted to watch Tekken live.

What the hell is going on? Tech issues?

Edit: Not necessarily complaining, I went to get lunch after ChrisG's match and didn't miss anything haha

MrDaravon

Wait, the next match hasn't started? I just ate breakfast and took a shower since the last match, goddamn. Tech issues I guess.

Edit: Unrelated, how were Tekken semis and top 8 looking? I didn't watch any Tekken at all this weekend. Real life has totally fucked with my ability to even touch that game. I really wish it had come out much earlier :/

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?

I've been watching on PS4. When starting the stream it does the jump-back repeat thing a couple of times (usually twice, but sometimes trice), but I have not had any issues past that. It's been working really well for me, which is a life saver since my laptop is absolute garbage and sounds like it's dying whenever I watch twitch in browser.

There doesn't seem to be any options of any kind in the app, so I guess there isn't anything you can do if it decides to not work well though. so I might just be having a stroke of good luck.

Tan

They can't keep having these tech issues on finals day cmon... how do you not get there early to make sure this doesn't happen

Ah, okay. Thanks. I just set it to manually do 7-10PM anyway and also did Disney. Assuming they're gonna have different commentators for each like they did last year with Twitch and EPSN2.

Also, hope Marvel's final year doesn't go out with that racist asshole taking the win.

Ironically, Disney owns both channels.

And Disney owns Marvel.

Top Bottom