• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

FSLink

Banned
Sajam and James Chen are confirmed to being doing Twitch, I wonder who will be on TV then?
Probably Seth Killian again? Dunno if Mike Ross is doing it again considering he dislikes the game lol

you say Diddy is OP but the only Diddy doing well is Zero

there are tons of Bayos that upset really good players though, wonder why that is

it couldn't be that bayo is fucking busted, no way
It's almost like a good character with good players means good results. This is every fighting game ever lol.

Zyrox

The smash grandfinals were INSANE holy shit !

Sad that the biggest announcement related to Nintendo was Arms in Evo japan... I seriously expected a smash 4 switch teaser

Nintendo would announce that on their own time when all eyes are on them, not just Fighting game fans. Smash is one of their biggest games after all.

Primus

Anyone know if there'll be a Japanese-language SFV Twitch stream like there was last year? That stream was ahead of the main EVO stream as well as the ESPN coverage, but it doesn't look like the streamer (Joniosan) is there this year.

Kalamari

There's a new Alex trailer? get hype

PS4 twitch app putting in work this weekend, much improved since the last time I tried using it.

NotLiquid

you say Diddy is OP but the only Diddy doing well is Zero

there are tons of Bayos that upset really good players though, wonder why that is

it couldn't be that bayo is fucking busted, no way

Bolded is complete bullshit. ZeRo is the only Diddy who wins majors, yes, but that's a shitty metric since Bayonetta hasn't won majors up until now.

There are only two Bayonetta players who are currently in the Top 20 of PGRv3, and there are many top players in that list who have outplaced those Bayonettas with other characters like Cloud, Mario, ZSS and even Marth.

There are a good amount of Diddy players who outrank Bayonetta players that aren't CaptainZack or Salem, that includes MVD and Zinoto.

And a Bayonetta won.

Again, literally the first major and supermajor she has ever won.

Bayo is not busted. You're just upset about her playstyle, which is perfectly fine, but you're projecting way too much when results speak against what you're saying.

DrDogg

Also, y'all may not have realised but there was no MVC:I announced for EVO Japan...

Also, y'all may not have realized but there was no Injustice 2 announced for EVO Japan.

I mean if we're going to be tossing out random games that weren't included...

Top Bottom