• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

vocab

Abagail my favorite character from hokuto no ken

ql7EkZx.jpg

Forward

The constant whining about returning characters x,y, and z not being announced when a new season 2 character is shown, when we have known for a long time now that all season 2 characters are brand new, is really fucking annoying.

The reality of season 2 characters, obliges fans, to deny reality. Something, something, William Forrester.

Femto.

People still crying about legacy/previous characters not being revealed when it has been known for almost 8 months now that Season 2 would NOT include returning fighters other than Akuma is getting fucking annoying.

Zyrox

Damn Abigail makes Gief look like a chump lol
Love my big body dudes and he looks fun. Hopefully he is as fun as Hugo the GOAT SF character.

Just earlier I was thinking "man I really hope Abigail isn't an ugly joke character, that'd be really embarrassing, especially after all the cool news we've gotten this evo". Here we are lol.

mas8705

I feel like we missed something here... Look at this guy and compare him to what we just saw. Feel like the body proportions are slightly off unless if someone decided to stick him with super steroids or something. Still, can't wait to see what people do with him next week.

sixghost

I feel like we missed something here... Look at this guy and compare him to what we just saw. Feel like the body proportions are slightly off unless if someone decided to stick him with super steroids or something. Still, can't wait to see what people do with him next week.

Maybe they thought that look was too much like Birdie.

OVDRobo

Really wish I hadn't bought the season 2 pass at the beginning of the year when I was in the mood to give SFV another chance and riding high on Akuma hype. I haven't liked a single one of the new characters they've added yet. I knew they were adding new characters but I was hoping we'd get better than this.

Oh well. Still going to enjoy watching the game.

They needed a super announcement after everything that was released tonight.

Tekken has an Iconic fighting game guest. SF has a forgettable Final Fight boss that most people won't know and nobody wanted.

Hazzuh

Smash 4 payouts are hella poverty considering how many people entered lol :

1st Salem : $9,048
2nd ZeRo : $3,016
3rd Larry Lurr : $1,508
4th Tweek : $603.20
5th Nairo : $301.60
5th KEN : $301.60
7th VoiD : $150.80
7th Dabuz : $150.80

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

They roided him up for sure. Not digging the redesign. Nice to see more Final Fight representation though.

Nyoro SF

I actually think he looks interesting in a unique way. The problem is (and my fg experience) is that big bodies like that are almost impossible to balance properly.

I mean, that's what happens when the developer doesn't add a huge pot bonus

Village

Given akuma looks diferent
Ed looks different
And Now Abigail looks different don't take story mode models or online art seriously untill you see the character in game

So good news for sean
or really REALLY bad news

Nintendo don't care. Buy Splatoon 2.