• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

rec0ded1

Man all this crowbarred patriotism is making be Ariana
AfdBKsZ.jpg

DrDogg

Watching on Twitch because ESPN is behind and not digging the bottom border, plus I prefer Sajam and Chen. Will leave ESPN on though.

KingBroly

Banned
Do you happen to know what last year's numbers were?

Like...SF5 was over 5100 and both Smashes were above 2k.

This year they quadrupled the price to enter, combined with how poorly last year it was ran, I imagine a lot of people decided not to come. If they didn't balloon the price, I imagine there would have been less of a drop-off.

NotLiquid

Do the smash people all leave directly after their finals?

Duck sake why do so many empty chairs.

Chairs have been empty all day from the sounds of it. People pointed it out during the Smash Finals, and there was also a picture of huge lines of people leaving after Tekken.

Mandalay format, or at least the price point, is unsustainable.

Hazzuh

This is the most Americans ever represented in a SF Top 8, right?

The US vs. Japan thing is always a storyline at EVO, but it's extra warranted if this Top 8 is split 4-4 USA & Japan.

EVO 2009 had 6 US players, 2010 had 5. It was after then that the US started getting only 1 or 2 US players in the top 8.

Top Bottom