• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

.la1n

The pairings have been really bad for the most part. Overall I don't mind the individual commentators aside from a few, but I don't follow why they were paired up the way they were.

I think that's a fair assessment. I like a good portion of the commentators when paired well. Unfortunately it always feels like one person is trying to carry it because the other is either awful or doesn't mesh well with their style. I'm not sure if Disney/ESPN has a horse in the race for pool commentary but Zhi in particular feels watered down / unenthusiastic.

.la1n

I feel bad for Injustice 2 and Rev 2 top 8s playing out tonight instead of tomorrow where they belong. Meanwhile UMvC3 gets mandalay bay again.

jett

D-Member
Justin Wong vs Daigo...

Battle of the washed up.

That somehow makes this super hype because you don't know who will win this!

When's this happening, right now?

Gotta walk my doge... Sucks that you can't view previous recordings on CapcomFighters (without paying).

HardRojo

I think that's a fair assessment. I like a good portion of the commentators when paired well. Unfortunately it always feels like one person is trying to carry it because the other is either awful or doesn't mesh well with their style. I'm not sure if Disney/ESPN has a horse in the race for pool commentary but Zhi in particular feels watered down / unenthusiastic.
As long as Zhi doesn't come close to the commentary table it'll be smooth sailing for me.
I need more Yikes + Tasty Steve though, not sure if they've already commentated together at Evo.

Top Bottom