• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

New hunters look cool.

But I seriously can't believe how long this balance patch is taking. Like I literally don't understand how they can have an entire company there and they aren't in total crisis mode seeing the player count fall and simply pushing it as soon as possible through any QA. Even putting it up when it's not fully tested as long as it nerfs the wraith will get some buzz and maybe stop the bleed, and then they could fix any bugs later. And of course they are doing the predicable thing of 'we're going to take forever to make a patch which will make patching easier' that has plagued game launches in the past and reminds me of Brink. Like hey, maybe you could have thought of a quick patching process BEFORE launching the game? Instead the asinine assumption that everything would be perfectly balanced once it gets into players' hands.

Jito

Banned
So today I've had, a Griffin not using sound spikes, Markov not engaging the monster whilst hanging back in a dome fight and a Val just standing next to me sniping the monster as I died. All with level 30+ players, god help me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So today I've had, a Griffin not using sound spikes, Markov not engaging the monster whilst hanging back in a dome fight and a Val just standing next to me sniping the monster as I died. All with level 30+ players, god help me.

The St. Patrick's day event is gonna bring in Griffin players who have no idea what they're doing.

Though I guess it might not feel much different than normal.

Nori Chan

I was playing as Griffin with caira, markov, and hank. Every time I dropped the dome, the monster would attack me and hank and caira would just shield and heal themselves and I had two strikes within the first dome.

People are so dumb

Jito

Banned
The St. Patrick's day event is gonna bring in Griffin players who have no idea what they're doing.

Though I guess it might not feel much different than normal.

Yeh you're right, but at least you'd expect these people to know the basics from being such high levels, even just watching the tutorial videos gives you a good enough idea. The guy was adamant that Griffin is shit and that Daisy is the only way to play the game lol

Anyone buying the hunting pass or are you waiting a bit to see how the new hunters are?

I did find out you can get the pass for ~$11.15 on Nuuvem so I'll probably just buy it. They all sound interesting enough, just wish I could see them in motion first.

-Deimos

Anyone buying the hunting pass or are you waiting a bit to see how the new hunters are?

I did find out you can get the pass for ~$11.15 on Nuuvem so I'll probably just buy it. They all sound interesting enough, just wish I could see them in motion first.

I might bite for that price. Too bad the season pass doesn't actually include all the dlc. Hopefully it'll include the tier 5 hunters though.

vazel

Banned

"This product is not available for purchase in your region."

Found a fun new glitch today. My body was getting moved after I died for some reason.

The first time, I was hank, and I was killed just below a 10 ft wall to my back. When Laz came looking for me I was about 10 ft away atop the wall. weird, but nbd.

The next time I was bucket, and when I died I was no more than 25 ft away from the medic. Laz came to where I was but my body was gone, and his map marker said I was 700+ away. Tha fuck.

Dual Wraith on Dam

Make it happen for real TRS.

I think they said on a stream that they couldn't fit two monsters into memory budgets on consoles. However if they could somehow make that work on PC it would be so awesome. Obviously it would take a ton of balance work but I just think this game would be so much more palatable to people if it had more of a traditional team vs team structure, where you have teammates to both rely upon but also blame and not shoulder the entire burden yourself. Having it be 2vs4 of wildy differently playing units would maintain the basic idea of competitive asymmetric play also.

Been watching today's Behemoth stream and I still think it looks pretty fun. Love that rock wall ability.

It's here but should be over soon: http://www.twitch.tv/turtlerockstudios

Balance patch is not live on PC! Looks like it's coming later today.

ALL MONSTERS
—Minor maintenance and improvements

—All monsters can see recent damage on their health bar to help make burst damage visible

KRAKEN
—Fixing some flight edge cases that were causing inconsistencies making him too powerful or too weak depending on the situation.

VORTEX
—Cooldown increased by one second.

—Reduced knockback magnitude.

TRANQ DARTS, STASIS GRENADES AND HARPOONS
—Pull Kraken down at a consistent rate regardless of whether he is in combat or out of combat. (they used to stack outside of combat)

—Kraken’s flight speed is no longer slowed by Tranqs since they pull him to the ground where running speed is affected.

AFTERSHOCK
—Fixed a bug that was causing Aftershock to not break harpoon traps or Arc Mines.

WRAITH
—Making her movement speed less bursty which makes her easier to keep track of. Making Supernova less lethal while still allowing it to be just as powerful. Making Warp Blast a damage dealer instead of a traversal mechanic.

WARP
—Speed reduced 25%

SUPERNOVA
—Duration decreased by 50%

DECOY
—Wraith becomes visible for half a second when shot while cloaked.

—Increased cooldown time by 2 seconds.

WARP BLAST
—Speed reduced by 40%

—Range no longer levels up.

—Radius levels up now.

—Max travel distance set to 30 meters for all levels.

—Damage increased by 10%

MARKOV
— Arc Mine tuning

ARC MINE
—Damage reduced by 20%

—Fixed a bug where damage extended past the trigger radius.

—Health reduced by 75%

—Arm time increased by one second.

HYDE
—Making Toxic Grenade a more effective area of denial weapon while also making it less spammy. Buffing Hyde’s overall damage output.

TOXIC GRENADE
—DPS increased by 50%

—Added proximity detonation (works vs airborne Kraken now)

—Reduced fire rate

—Reduced lifetime by 15%

MINIGUN
—Accuracy increased by 25%

—Damage increased by 20%

PARNELL
— Multifire Rocket Launcher tuning

MULTIFIRE ROCKET LAUNCHER
—Has better accuracy while jumping and jetpacking

MAGGIE
—Harpoon Traps tuning

HARPOON TRAPS
—Arm time increased by one second.

GRIFFIN
— Sound Spike tuning

SOUND SPIKE
—Now detect stealthing monsters within a 15 meter radius.

—Radius increased from 50 to 60 meters.

BUCKET
— Guided Missile Launcher tuning

GUIDED MISSILE LAUNCHER
—Damage increased 11%

CABOT
— Rail Cannon tuning

RAIL CANNON
—Damage reduced by 30%

—Reload time increased by 25%

VAL
—Increasing her overall effectiveness.

MEDGUN
—Heals 20% faster

—Consumes ammo 2.5x faster.

TRANQ
—Duration increased to 10 seconds (was already 10 seconds on Wraith, now other monsters match)

CAIRA
— Acceleration Field tuning

ACCELERATION FIELD
—Cooldown increased by 15 seconds.

Papercuts

Hope to hear some good stuff from the balance changes.

while i wait in console patch cert hell for another week.

phoenixyz

Any matchmaking fixes in the current patch? A friend and me wanted to play yesterday (when the patch wasn't live yet) and weren't able to play a match in 45 minutes of trying.

What happened:
  • one of us stuck in loading screen
  • matched into a full game
  • matched into a running game with one of us monster
  • one of us kicked back into main menu
  • waiting 20 minutes for a game
So much fun.

Was any of this finally fixed with the patch? If not 2K is now on my shitlist. This is a very good reminder why I normally don't pre-order or buy directly after release.

andycapps

Any matchmaking fixes in the current patch? A friend and me wanted to play yesterday (when the patch wasn't live yet) and weren't able to play a match in 45 minutes of trying.

What happened:
So much fun.

Was any of this finally fixed with the patch? If not 2K is now on my shitlist. This is a very good reminder why I normally don't pre-order or buy directly after release.

What platform and region? I've never had any of that happen. Not saying it doesn't happen.

patchday

What happened:
So much fun.

can you guys please list the platform you are having issues with? Haven't booted up this game in awhile on my PS4. Maybe when new hunters release I might come back. I just get tired of running around in the wilderness to track down some monster til they hit Stage 3 or whatever. But I should give it a shot again. I did have fun when I was playing it

q_q

No damage amp nerf on cabot? I thought that was supposed to be the most op shit in the game.

Also would like to see something done about nest. Bucket going off on his own to take eggs makes it extremely difficult for monster to win. Should at least make the eggs invulnerable if the monster damages heroes firing on it, like how they protect the generator in hunt or defend.

The wraith nerf and val buff should be good though.

Papercuts

They were posting pictures of Cabot pulling around 30K damage with just the railgun, he was outdamaging assaults with that thing through constant headshots so it was their main focus.

I think damage amp is fine, the clip size keeps it sane and it essentially pulls cabot out of the fight since he won't be attacking.

Sunny looks awesome. I'll get the season pass but still don't know how to feel about the new medic. I don't quite understand him yet. What does the leech gun do to enemies? Damage? Attack reduction?

Also, the new assault seems quite good. With his frisbee of weakspots, I can see him fitting into many lineups.

Drains health and boosts your health burst recharge rate.

Ah, I knew it boosted his recharge rate but couldn't tell what it was leeching in the footage.

How much is the season pass? $30?

$25 USD. I'll be trying out the Nuuvem method later and will share my results.

I would feel bad if I had the option to upgrade my preorder. I was burned by preordering before the other tiers were revealed so I have no qualms about securing the DLC as cheap as possible.

andycapps

Drains health and boosts your health burst recharge rate.

Sounds a little like the medic in TF2.

$25 USD. I'll be trying out the Nuuvem method later and will share my results.

I would feel bad if I had the option to upgrade my preorder. I was burned by preordering before the other tiers were revealed so I have no qualms about securing the DLC as cheap as possible.

So it's $25 for 4 hunters and Behemoth? Yikes, no wonder people were calling this DLC the game. Or are they giving you more hunters after this?

Are maps going forward always going to be free or is it just the two coming next month?

So it's $25 for 4 hunters and Behemoth? Yikes, no wonder people were calling this DLC the game. Or are they giving you more hunters after this?

Are maps going forward always going to be free or is it just the two coming next month?

It's 25 for the four hunters and another 15 for the Behemoth if you didn't preorder. We don't know if the season pass will include the two other hunters announced or not.

All maps are free forever.

andycapps

It's 25 for the four hunters and another 15 for the Behemoth if you didn't preorder. We don't know if the season pass will include the two other hunters announced or not.

All maps are free forever.

Okay, thinking I'll just not buy any of the DLC since the maps will be free. I never play monster anyway.

jesu

I normally play solo with randoms but tonight I played with AI
It was ace!
I think I 'll just keep playing with the AI, keep on leveling up...

Wow. Just watched that trailer/match on youtube. Holy cow. Everything about that was so awesome. From the Behemoth rolling, to each new hunters abilities. Great great stuff.

I wish I had more time to play this. Or a clone of myself. I'm buying everything they put out, at full price. Those guys need all the help they can get.

Would like to add, I've had a 50/50 success rate against the Wraith. Several times where I won, it was because we were defending the relay, with just great teamwork. Spaced out, domed, traps sentries mines tanqs galore, but we still won. Was a great feeling. I don't quit when I see the Wraith as a match is setting up....but I'm not exactly thrilled. I just know I am in for a tough round, and I hope that my fellow hunters know wtf to do.

For example, playing a round with one trapper, where they would never throw the dome. Ever. We'd be RIGHT next to the monster, and nothing. Mid match I had to grab my charging/half dead headset to practically yell to throw the dome. If each player just did a little research on not only their favorite person & class, but each different class, they could really be a much larger help. Example - people not knowing the gas grenade's almost best thing to use it for is on a downed hunter, so the monster doesn't camp them, wailing on them to kill them off. Or you know, HEALING when you are a medic. People need to realize this is NOT Call of Duty...using your "primary gun" exclusively is not good. Watching reloading animations is playing the game wrong I feel. When one is reloading, switch to another and use that. Once that is up, switch to another. Rinse, lather, repeat.

ahoyle77

My ten year old son is wanting this game. I'm fine with him playing stuff like Halo and Destiny, but don't let him play stuff like Gears of War or anything. I did let him play Alien, so I am most concerned about really bad language or extreme gore/violence. So how does this one come in? Need some advice GAF.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom