• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Excellent article: Trump Proves Republican Obama Hate Was Never About Obama’s Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Democrats moving to the right plus some good ol' fashion no blacks racism
This has been common knowledge. As for Trump, he's all over the place but his stimulus consists on rolling back taxes not increase spending.

The fun part will be how obstructionist republicans will handle tripping on their faces over and over.

I wonder what would've happen if Clinton had won. They hated her but doubled down because he was associated to Obama.

RDreamer

The GOP gave Obama so much shit and became the party of no because Obama is black. There I said it.

I think this is a bad blanket statement. I think the base didn't want anything Obama had to offer and part of the large amount of anger was because he was black, obviously. I think the actual politicians used that to fuel their opposition, which wasn't just because he was black. For the actual (non tea-party) politicians it was because he was a democrat and if they conceded to a democrat and let Obama fix the insane crisis we had on our hands that would change politics in this country forever and cement a massive lead for democrats as a whole. I firmly believe they would have tried a very similar strategy had Clinton won. I don't think they would have succeeded as much because she's not black... though she is a woman... If there were a white guy democrat like Biden they would have done similar, though probably not to as great an effect.

LakeEarth

You mean like when Obama veto'd the bill to allow citizens to sue Saudi Arabia for 9/11, wrote a very detailed letter about why it was a terrible idea, and then, after congress overturned that veto, got blamed for it still getting passed?

Slayven

Remember all those stuides where they explained ACA to people and they loved it, but as soon as they called it Obama care it became death panels and bullshit.

mnannola

Do people think Trump won because he is a "conservative"? Nothing about him is conservative. He won because of a white nationalist / anti-government movement. Trump would have still won even if came out advocating for a single payer health care service.

Just for fun, imagine if he came out with a plan to create a government run automobile manufacturer called "Gov" that would be 100 percent funded and controlled by the federal government. They would open up in factories in Michigan and Ohio. All these so called "conservatives" would throw all their votes behind a plan like that.

I hope this election shows that a majority of the electorate voting for the GOP no longer considers fiscal conservatism to be their primary goal anymore. At least not the electorate that won him the election in the swing states.

Eegah

I have always believed that it has more to do with the fact that Obama was a democrat. I don't believe that if Carson or any other black republican were president we would have seen such opposition by the republican congress. The modern republican controlled congress has gotten to the point where a democrat could say anything, and they would oppose it.

It’s a matter of public record that Republican leaders decided even before Obama took office that their path to power lay in total and immediate opposition to his agenda.

Well, I didn't see it coming, but it's a strategy that sure as hell paid off 8 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom