• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

CrovaxPSO

That's some nice environmental artwork. I like.

Out of interest, do Operation Abyss/Babel have any outdoor areas, or is it all labyrinths like the promo trailers have been showing?

There are a few,
the shrine, graveyard, and the arboretum or whatever it actually is
. They still have a lot of walls, but also larger open sections and you can see the city backdrop.

Dorarnae

Finally started to progress again in Cross Blood after having to get some levels. Didn't realize one of the quests would raise the levels of enemies as you collected the items for it, so I started with the easy areas first which just ended up making the harder areas even harder. Thanks to Dorarnae for letting me know about the levels increasing. Got the hospital and prison bosses down so now I can go back to the other areas without too much trouble hopefully.

shouldn't be too hard, the maiden master was probably the hardest.

CrovaxPSO

Just to note, that says review but it's his first time playing it seems. Looks like a pretty good overview of the early couple hours of the game though (he spends about an hour in character creation so it's about 2 hours of game footage after that).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Ill add those into the OT. Since its mainly just coping over everything from the JP one in addition to more information about game system stuff will get it out in the evening.

Currently am busy with work till the late afternoon.

Ill add those into the OT. Since its mainly just coping over everything from the JP one in addition to more information about game system stuff will get it out in the evening.

Currently am busy with work till the late afternoon.

Glad I could help a little bit. Looking forward to your OT, they're always very nicely done.

I was watching a bit of that youtube video, does anyone know what the online features are? Is it just those hint notes that people could leave like in Demon Gaze?

Parakeetman

Glad I could help a little bit. Looking forward to your OT, they're always very nicely done.

I was watching a bit of that youtube video, does anyone know what the online features are? Is it just those hint notes that people could leave like in Demon Gaze?

Thanks!

Yeah its generally just the note feature again. Which will be useful once again as Op Abyss has a hidden doors and stuff just like Demon Gaze. Though no having to kick walls to find hidden items like skulls / mushrooms though so people who hated that can rest easy. lol

The OT will pretty much look exactly like the JP one lol. So its nothing really different, but will be adding in information in regards to stats and stuff since that always seems to confuse new folks to the genre.

Parakeetman

Disgaea 5 character portraits are going to be added into Operation Babel on the 8th of June and will be available till 31st of August.
CGOcKjX.jpg

For more images click on the link below.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/286/G028669/20150604041/

CrovaxPSO

Said it before but I gotta say it again, Cross Blood's use of special vocal songs for certain moments/battles is really great. Could only find a version without the vocals of this song that plays
as you go back through the very first dungeon of the game, an abandoned school, to the final main story boss
. Unfortunate that they haven't done it since this game as far as I know, have to imagine it would be pretty expensive nowadays.

Parakeetman

Said it before but I gotta say it again, Cross Blood's use of special vocal songs for certain moments/battles is really great. Could only find a version without the vocals of this song that plays
as you go back through the very first dungeon of the game, an abandoned school, to the final main story boss
. Unfortunate that they haven't done it since this game as far as I know, have to imagine it would be pretty expensive nowadays.

We never talked about the subject of music / licensing for it and such, but wonder if that side has to do more with the connections the pubs have towards specific partners. Such as with MAGES currently for example.

Similar to Kadokawa has their own due to their massive network.

Bandai Namco also, which is why Id imagine its more the Bandai side that managed to rop in TM Revolution for example.

This is just speculation of course. lol

CrovaxPSO

I finished at 28/22. Reached last boss at 26 but wanted to have the lv28 skills and spells so I did some grinding. Plus earlier in the game I had trouble because I went in a bad order with the blood samples, so had to do a bit of grinding then as well. Went for as many trophies as I could as well. Other than the post-game ones I just need a couple of the rare items and the lockers pretty much. And the infinity mode items.

Oh yeah wanted to ask you about the three other blood codes. Do you suggest swapping to them? Looking at their abilities list they seem really good, but I haven't really had much trouble with my current setup.

wow I was fast then.
labyrinth%20cross%20blood%20infinity_zpsctyjssnu.png

but I probably finished the game at a little lower level,the beginning of the post game will probably be a bit easier for you.

Truly beast mode. I've always wondered, seeing you champion and discuss DRPG's in a variety of places online, do you only play DRPG's? Do you ever play other types of games to kind of freshen the palate?

Dorarnae

I finished at 28/22. Reached last boss at 26 but wanted to have the lv28 skills and spells so I did some grinding. Plus earlier in the game I had trouble because I went in a bad order with the blood samples, so had to do a bit of grinding then as well. Went for as many trophies as I could as well. Other than the post-game ones I just need a couple of the rare items and the lockers pretty much. And the infinity mode items.

Oh yeah wanted to ask you about the three other blood codes. Do you suggest swapping to them? Looking at their abilities list they seem really good, but I haven't really had much trouble with my current setup.

ahhh, kind of like me, was around 26-27 and gave some cash just to put my healer and wizard to 28 lol.

I kind of forgot what's your current party is....but I think I'd go with two melee character, because the very last map, you'll have 2 boss in underwater.

Dorarnae

Truly beast mode. I've always wondered, seeing you champion and discuss DRPG's in a variety of places online, do you only play DRPG's? Do you ever play other types of games to kind of freshen the palate?

in general, yeah pretty much only drpg these day. but I do play some other game sometime.

CrovaxPSO

ahhh, kind of like me, was around 26-27 and gave some cash just to put my healer and wizard to 28 lol.

I kind of forgot what's your current party is....but I think I'd go with two melee character, because the very last map, you'll have 2 boss in underwater.

I went with Knight/Monk, Samurai/Warrior, Scholar/Wizard, Wizard/Cleric, Cleric/Wizard. Maybe I should try out a SIZ instead of one of the back row.

I started on the first post-game quest and so far it's not too bad. Samurai with Berserk now does a ton of damage, mainly using casters to buff/debuff more than damage.

Dorarnae

I went with Knight/Monk, Samurai/Warrior, Scholar/Wizard, Wizard/Cleric, Cleric/Wizard. Maybe I should try out a SIZ instead of one of the back row.

I started on the first post-game quest and so far it's not too bad. Samurai with Berserk now does a ton of damage, mainly using casters to buff/debuff more than damage.

SIZ/Ilith can be good. I think you can keep your current party and just wait til you hit the last place...
Samurai/Assassin is really good for farming the very last area (need some gear but it makes farming much faster)

CrovaxPSO

SIZ/Ilith can be good. I think you can keep your current party and just wait til you hit the last place...
Samurai/Assassin is really good for farming the very last area (need some gear but it makes farming much faster)

Won't worry about it for now then. Should be getting enough GP soon to just level something up that way later haha.

Parakeetman

with posting at pretty much the same time lol

Looks quite nice, dungeon seems to be fairly large too with that map that has yet to be filled in.

As others have commented the music is nice too.

Nice to see Raidne in action also. Who most likely will wind up being the favorite character for me lol.

From watching the video, really does seem like AP management will be important since at times you will notice how the players AP does not get fully filled and the total value has actually gone backwards from that they started with. (Gauge is in the upper left corner with the chains + numerical value)

Went and did a separate post on it also, that combines other previous information

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166978176&posted=1#post166978176

Dorarnae

with posting at pretty much the same time lol

Looks quite nice, dungeon seems to be fairly large too with that map that has yet to be filled in.

As others have commented the music is nice too.

Nice to see Raidne in action also. Who most likely will wind up being the favorite character for me lol.

From watching the video, really does seem like AP management will be important since at times you will notice how the players AP does not get fully filled and the total value has actually gone backwards from that they started with. (Gauge is in the upper left corner with the chains + numerical value)

Went and did a separate post on it also, that combines other previous information

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166978176&posted=1#post166978176

I like what I am seeing so far, music seems good. it feels like what Mind zeros should have been. lol.

dkoy

Nearly 7 minute gameplay video of Ray Gigant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRI1S7qyYUg

Bandai Namco has updated the official site with a 7 minute gameplay vid.
http://raygigant.bngames.net/movie/mv03.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=95&v=PRI1S7qyYUg

Trailer was 60 FPS. Will the game be 60 FPS? lol

Animations looked great. It'll be nice to fight non-static sprites now assuming this makes it over. Battle system looks promising. Reminds me a little of how Disgaea handles turn-based combat which is pretty cool. I hope the gauge depletion mechanic is actually something that's threatening rather than just there as a penalty of sorts.

Prelude.

Goddamn Ray Gigant is looking good. But yeah, did they ever mention it's going to be 60fps? That's a nice surprice.

Parakeetman

Goddamn Ray Gigant is looking good. But yeah, did they ever mention it's going to be 60fps? That's a nice surprice.

Not too sure actually, do not think they mentioned the FPS. In Japan in general they do not seem to talk about things like FPS as much.

CrovaxPSO

First part of the second post-game quest in Cross Blood wasn't too bad, none of the
Seven Hand
bosses were much trouble, although one of them is the creepiest thing in the entire series. Looks like I get to go to
Embryo
now, might finally be a good place to try to get the last handful of rare items for the trophies.

Those faces are all characters from the story. I don't think there's a reason story-wise why this boss has all of the characters in it like that, which might actually make it even creepier.

Parakeetman

First part of the second post-game quest in Cross Blood wasn't too bad, none of the
Seven Hand
bosses were much trouble, although one of them is the creepiest thing in the entire series. Looks like I get to go to
Embryo
now, might finally be a good place to try to get the last handful of rare items for the trophies.

Those faces are all characters from the story. I don't think there's a reason story-wise why this boss has all of the characters in it like that, which might actually make it even creepier.

haha nice i see you finally found it.

Dorarnae

Seven Hand
Embryo

yeah the original game(generation xth code realize) had a few different things compared to babel...
and the area you're going to isn't the last place =)

CrovaxPSO

yeah the original game(generation xth code realize) had a few different things compared to babel...
and the area you're going to isn't the last place =)

Haha kind of figured it wouldn't be the last area just yet. My equipment is so outdated now, haven't found a good place to get consistent A rank code chips. Don't think I've even seen any S rank chips at all yet either. I did get lucky and got a 2nd MURAMASA without trying so with some new armor my samurai should be good until the lv80 version shows up.

Dorarnae

Haha kind of figured it wouldn't be the last area just yet. My equipment is so outdated now, haven't found a good place to get consistent A rank code chips. Don't think I've even seen any S rank chips at all yet either. I did get lucky and got a 2nd MURAMASA without trying so with some new armor my samurai should be good until the lv80 version shows up.

if you have the patch or playing ultimate version, you want the lvl90 version =)

CrovaxPSO

Holy shit, the
Deus Ex Machina
fight in Cross Blood with Infinity Mode was by far the hardest boss in the series for me. Party level 36 with mostly lv20s gear. Finally got it by using the 2nd Shura skill with -99 to miss and evasion over and over, and just reviving the samurai each turn and using the burst magic union skill and going nuts with the scholar and wizard. Got lucky with the other boss it brought in as well so I was able to take that out in a single turn.

Dorarnae

Holy shit, the
Deus Ex Machina
fight in Cross Blood with Infinity Mode was by far the hardest boss in the series for me. Party level 36 with mostly lv20s gear. Finally got it by using the 2nd Shura skill with -99 to miss and evasion over and over, and just reviving the samurai each turn and using the burst magic union skill and going nuts with the scholar and wizard. Got lucky with the other boss it brought in as well so I was able to take that out in a single turn.

yeah some of the 30+ gear is a bit a pain to get, I had to use gamble code to get some gear for my knight hehe.
real fun is starting with the next area, gl :)

CrovaxPSO

yeah some of the 35+ gear is a bit a pain to get, I had to use gamble code to get some gear for my knight hehe.
real fun is starting with the next area, gl :)

Haha, should be fun. That fight probably would have been easier but I kept trying with only one Open Pandora item. I have 40 or so gamble codes but not much higher than level 25 to gamble. Could gamble and try to work my way up but I'm too impatient haha.

Top Bottom