• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explosion kills and wounds many near Turkish wedding (50+ dead, 90+ wounded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
The Turkish government thinks more highly of ISIS than the PKK, and most Turkish media is hugely influenced by the government. Attacks in Kurdistan are almost universally attributed to the PKK, even though the PKK would have no reason to slaughter dozens of Kurds in a region that's pretty loyal to the PKK.

What? Terrorist attacks on civilians, where no one took responsibility, I'm pretty sure were all attributed to ISIS in the past years. It's gotten to the point where people wonder how the turkish government is always immediately sure it's ISIS even tho they never take responsibility for the terrorist attacks in Turkey.

You're talking out of your ass

I can't believe people can basically spread propaganda for a terrorist group like that on here. I'm sure the police officers who were deployed in the south east against their will and just want to put some food on the table deserve to be ruthlessly killed by the PKK. And to say that they almost never kill civilians is also ridiculious.

Another ISIS suicide teenager caught in Kurdish Kirkuk in Iraq:

Kurdish security foils boy suicide bomber in Kirkuk; two other a

i0UXqbK.jpg

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - A boy suicide bomber in his early teens was arrested by Kurdish security forces in Kirkuk on Sunday night before detonating his explosives belt, after two other suicide attacks on the same day in the Kurdish city.

The young bomber, aged between 12 and 13, was captured by security forces in Kirkuk’s Huzairan neighborhood, according to a Rudaw reporter on the scene.

“Security forces are now defusing the explosives belt,” the reporter said.

A few hours earlier, a suicide bomber detonated his payload at the Wasit neighborhood in front of a Shiite shrine, wounding three people.

That followed another suicide bomb attack in the same neighborhood that caused no casualties.

“There is a dangerous campaign tonight against Kirkuk,” a security official, told Rudaw.

The attacks follow recent successful military offensives by Peshmerga forces against the Islamic State (ISIS) group, which has been on retreat after losing large swathes of territory to the Kurdish forces.

Video also here:
https://twitter.com/RudawEnglish/status/767436489143844865

Seems like a strategy & payback for Manbij.

I can't believe people can basically spread propaganda for a terrorist group like that on here. I'm sure the police officers who were deployed in the south east against their will and just want to put some food on the table deserve to be ruthlessly killed by the PKK. And to say that they almost never kill civilians is also ridiculious.

There is even pro-PKK demo in some european country. Kind of funny to see those "democratic forces" with Stalin giant portrait.

Awful news. There are really no words for how pathetic and disgusting these kinds of attacks are.

If this was Daesh, it might explain why Turkey's stance toward the Syrian Civil War seems to be changing.

Awful news. There are really no words for how pathetic and disgusting these kinds of attacks are.

If this was Daesh, it might explain why Turkey's stance toward the Syrian Civil War seems to be changing.

Daesh is attacking Turkey since 2014, the change of stance have more to do with the need of Turkey to have regional allies after the coup debilitate the state stability.

ISIS wasn't targeting Turkey, but Kurds because the SDF and YPG have seen string of successes in Iraq. I fear this will only get worse once Mosul falls.

I'm sure some individual YPG militants have done bad things, but that's unfortunately true of every conflict. US airstrikes and the advance of Assad's army have also left hundreds of thousands of Syrians dead or displaced.

No, it's the movement policy they are "cleansing" so-called "kurdish zone" from arabs presence in Iraq and in Syria.

It's not surprising really, the arab nationalism and turkish nationalism did the same thing, it's why ethnic nationalism is not a good solution.

Now, the West don't want to see this aspect of the kurdish factions since they are struggling to find allies in the conflict, but when the war will be over, we will find dirty stuff.

My heart hurts for this country. All I want is for it to be like a European civilised nation. But our South-Eastern regions are in a terrible war-like state. The peaceful parts of the country are okish but behind European standards and there are social tensions between pro-AKP and pro-CHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom