• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eXtas1s: The majority of employees I have spoken are completely confused about Xbox's general strategy

Javi97

Neo Member
They really think the new Call of Duty will move the needle with Gamepass but rumor has it if it doesn’t changes will be made
Call of Duty players only play Call of Duty games. If they wanted another game, they could buy it. Why do they need a service with 1000 games they don't want to play?

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Honestly i don't see why they simply don't rebrand as XPC and create a small form factor PC running windows with an Xbox overlay that can connect to steam and gamepass and you'd absolutely kill it for those that want the benefits of a PC ecosystem coupled with an Xbox engineered TV box, hell I'd buy one ffs

Bernoulli

M2 slut
They really think the new Call of Duty will move the needle with Gamepass but rumor has it if it doesn’t changes will be made
Gamepass is only going to destroy cod sales on xbox and maybe on PC
Most cod players use gamepass to play online but now they won't have to buy the game too

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Well looks like changes are coming. That game will give them a temporary boost and that's it.
Black Ops 6 could be a make or break type of moment for Gamepass

Gamepass is only going to destroy cod sales on xbox and maybe on PC
Most cod players use gamepass to play online but now they won't have to buy the game too
It will hurt sales for sure but I also think MS is banking on picking up people who wouldnt buy it anyhow and maybe buying stuff in the store

Interesting case study we are watching in real time.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Call of Duty players only play Call of Duty games. If they wanted another game, they could buy it. Why do they need a service with 1000 games they don't want to play?

People always say this, and I think it's got to be bullshit. Some people might only buy Call of Duty or FIFA or Madden, but a sweeping statement about who they are, how much of COD's player base they are, etc. etc. just doesn't work.

Those games aren't astronomically popular by reaching just a selective subset of users, they are the biggest games in the world because they are played by a huge part of the gaming population.

Last edited:

Rosoboy19

Honestly i don't see why they simply don't rebrand as XPC and create a small form factor PC running windows with an Xbox overlay that can connect to steam and gamepass and you'd absolutely kill it for those that want the benefits of a PC ecosystem coupled with an Xbox engineered TV box, hell I'd buy one ffs
There’s a lot to like about this idea if they could actually get an Xbox overlay to be as couch friendly as the Xbox dashboard is.
The hard part is integrating other pc game stores like Steam, Epic, EA, Blizzard, etc into it seamlessly. PC gaming is so fractured with all the different launchers.
Edit: they would also need to figure out how to make pc versions of games work seamlessly with a controller only, which may be the biggest hurdle of all as every game is unique

Last edited:
Call of Duty players only play Call of Duty games.
I only play Call of Duty?!

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

proandrad

They are confused because for 20 years the mission was just to beat Sony regardless of losses. Now the mission is to make money and that involves putting titles on Sony platforms. Apparently they all haven’t gotten the memo and the Xbox staff thinks it should still be in console war mode.

Top Bottom