• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eyetoy: Groove = $14.99 @ ebgames.com

Agent X

That's rather tempting. I don't really play any music games outside of Frequency and Amplitude, though I do want to try one of the Dance Dance Revolution games at some point (looks like fun). I don't really have much room to set up a dance pad, which is why I've never invested in home DDR. I've got an EyeToy, though, so maybe this would be worth getting at this price.

Has anyone here played EyeToy: Groove? If so, what do you think of it?

BuddyC

I liked Groove. It was fun, very Samba-esque. The menu system was horrible though.

It's not the most precise music game ever, but it's just plain fun to play.

Matlock

Banned
Agent X said:

Worth every penny, but I wish London Studio would release numero dos with more songs and a reworked menu system.

impirius

Agent X said:
It's fun, but the menu system is horrible and messes up the flow of the game. Leave a controller connected to go through the menus between songs.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What BuddyChrist83 said. Except that the menu system is completely fine if you use your controller to flip through it instead of waving at camera.

Especially there's much fun to be had with the game if you have couple of people willing to play it together. You'd be surprised how often people who normally never play games (read: girls) have no problems playing Groove.

Matlock

Banned
Marconelly said:
What BuddyChrist83 said. Except that the menu system is completely fine if you use your controller to flip through it instead of waving at camera.

Even then it's kinda shitty, because the menu options are at weird angles. Besides, it's an eyetoy game, why should you have to use your DS2? :p

Another small gripe: once there's a save file, the intro movies should be auto-skipped.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Even then it's kinda shitty, because the menu options are at weird angles.
I agree, it's not the greatest. A bit too much clicking, and constant saving of high scores is also annoying. But with the controller it never really bothered me (nor did the angles), as it takes only a moment to activate songs and such, compared at the strain and pain of waving to navigate through it.

Top Bottom