• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
These stories are amazing ❤️

I hate this feeling once you realize you fucked up 😬It's like cold sweaty anxiety all over
Oh no I was pretty unfazed by it. Perks of being employed by your dad I guess? I'm the second most lucrative employee in the shop so it would take something far more disastrous than this for there to be any repercussions. Right now all I'm on the hook for is printing the replacements, which I have a bunch time open for anyway come Wednesday and Thursday.

Jobbs

Banned
It getting dark so early is messing with me. It's harder to wake up at 1pm+ like a normal person and enjoy any daylight.

Not

Banned
It getting dark so early is messing with me. It's harder to wake up at 1pm+ like a normal person and enjoy any daylight.

Snuck up on me yesterday. I was like, damn, it's dark for 5:45 PM, oh right, phone's clock is automatic

jb1234

One time when I did concrete finishing I had come into work on a hot summer day hung over as fuck. We poured a massive floor in a new rich subdivision and my friend and I who had been partying with me were left to finish the floor. As soon as my boss left I was like "yo man I'm taking a quick nap before we do the first run on the floor."

So I set up the wheelbarrow for a quick nap. I woke up and my buddy was napping right next to me and I was like oh god. I ran over to the floor and it was rock fucking hard, completely fucked. We slept for like 3 hours. Had to jackhammer that entire floor out.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Damn. About a decade ago (before we switched to using oxygen releasing chemicals) we used to use chicken shit in the base of excavations with contaminated soil to help remediate - it encourages microbial activity which then breaks down the petroleum hydrocarbons. Anyway, had to work on a Saturday and I was hungover as fuck, at the base of a 3 m deep excavation, 40 degree heat spreading chicken shit all over the place. Had to throw up in the base of the pit a few times that morning.
Haha thats a good one.

Foxix Von

So... okay I got this girls number earlier. Not really sure how I feel about her. I shot her a text when she gave it to me just saying it was me.

What's the rule on how long to wait before I actually message her...?

So... okay I got this girls number earlier. Not really sure how I feel about her. I shot her a text when she gave it to me just saying it was me.

What's the rule on how long to wait before I actually message her...?
Don't play waiting games. That's teenager crap.

Message her when you have something to say or something you need from her.

Foxix Von

Don't play waiting games. That's teenager crap.

Message her when you have something to say or something you need from her.
See this is why I ask. Last two girls I spent any significant time chatting with were both teenagers.

I barely know her though and I have no significant reason to message her further other than the fact that I have her number on hand.

Definitely text that to her.

No. If there's one thing I've learned it's that I have to hide my crazy until the interested party is already invested enough to not care.

FUME5

I can't quite pinpoint when it happened, but my god am I shit at fighters these days. Similar to the SFV current OT, the more I know the worse I play.

That actually reminds me that I saw a guy die on one of my first days of work here. It was awesome. ��

Seriously?

Wait, the last two girls were teenagers? How old are you, I think I may have figured out why the Dad seemed to hate you.

Foxix Von

I can't quite pinpoint when it happened, but my god am I shit at fighters these days. Similar to the SFV current OT, the more I know the worse I play.

Seriously?

Wait, the last two girls were teenagers? How old are you, I think I may have figured out why the Dad seemed to hate you.

Yes. One of my first days of work an elderly gentleman dropped dead in the lobby. There was a semi successful resuscitation attempt however he didn't make it. I was present as they were resuscitating him and helped calm a panicking coworker down.

I'm 26. Why's that? 😂

FUME5

Yes. One of my first days of work an elderly gentleman dropped dead in the lobby. There was a semi successful resuscitation attempt however he didn't make it. I was present as they were resuscitating him and helped calm a panicking coworker down.

I'm 26. Why's that? 😂

First of all, watching people die isn't a preferred pastime of mine.

Second, if you're 26 and that last girl was, what, 17? 18? There aren't many Dads on this planet who are going to be OK with that, whether you're a weirdo or not.

Foxix Von

First of all, watching people die isn't a preferred pastime of mine.

Second, if you're 26 and that last girl was, what, 17? 18? There aren't many Dads on this planet who are going to be OK with that, whether you're a weirdo or not.
Whoa, no. 17 is the danger zone. Hell no.

The girl with the father is 18. The other girl I actually dated was 19. That relationship didn't last long due to circumstances outside of our control. It's not like I went seeking these people out, or anything.

Watching people die isn't exactly a pastime of mine, either. I just found the event fascinating. It's not like I lingered or gawked excessively. As I mentioned my co-worker stepped in on the scene and started panicking. My attention turned towards her, getting her away and calming her down.

Edit: I feel like I'm just digging my own grave here. 😰

FUME5

Whoa, no. 17 is the danger zone. Hell no.

The girl with the father is 18. The other girl I dated was 19. That relationship didn't last long due to circumstances outside of our control. It's not like I went seeking these people out, or anything.

Watching people die isn't exactly a pastime of mine, either. I just found the event fascinating.

Edit: I feel like I'm just digging my own grave here. 😰

I'll just say that "I saw a guy die, it was awesome" is going to raise some eyebrows.

Foxix Von

I guess I just don't view death the way most people do. Let me clarify however that I am not without sympathy for those suffering or for those affected by loss.

I feel I may have misrepresented the circumstances. I'll drop the subject as trying to further elaborate or justify anything will likely only worsen the situation.

jb1234

This is why we wouldnt work out /jk

I've noticed I havent played videogames much and TV bores me for most of the time. Am I changing perhaps?

Different priorities, is my guess. You don't need those things as much to pass time any longer. Which I envy.

Foxix Von

I was with an ex and his mom as she died from breast cancer. It was definitely not awesome.
My ex's father was a brilliant engineer who eventually succumbed to widespread cancer and dementia. He was probably the only real father figure I've ever had and his passing one of the most sorrowful affairs I've experienced. Watching someone's mind wilt like that is one of the most tragic events I've witnessed. I'm sorry for your loss.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
She asked me to coffee :O
icon=150x.png

Edit: Fuck it says Cheat and not Grand. Joke ruined

FloatOn

It's okay sol. I caught your meaning.

I'm trying my hardest to keep things platonic but whatever happens will happen. Who am I to stop fate?

If you go out on the coffee date, then it was fate for you to do so. If you dont go on the datey, then it was fate for you to intervene. Some people are fated to shitty lots in life. I was fated to tell you this

My ex's father was a brilliant engineer who eventually succumbed to widespread cancer and dementia. He was probably the only real father figure I've ever had and his passing one of the most sorrowful affairs I've experienced. Watching someone's mind wilt like that is one of the most tragic events I've witnessed. I'm sorry for your loss.
Yeah, she wasn't that great of a person, but her passing was one of a few catalyst for turning my ex into a bitter, miserable person, never able to get over that

I just ruined the rough equivalent to a months salary worth of merchandise. That's not even taking into account the manhours we'll spend reprinting everything I did wrong!. Probably the worst I've ever fucked up at my job. Anyone else have fun stories of astounding personal failure? :D

Ya last night I dropped a screwdriver in an engine generator and spent like two hours trying to fish it out

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One time I told a student she was transferring classes, and she complained to the principal and her parents. Because of the paranoia-based culture in public schools, the school had to listen to the parents, and the student ended up not transferring for another month, which severely affected the class she was disrupting as well as her education. My co-workers were seething with rage and didn't understand how I could "overstep my boundaries" and tell the student. I still had no clue what professional distance was at that point.

I don't think it was 100% my fault (it was an off-hand comment) but my naivete and lack of experience shot me in the foot and it was definitely avoidable with a bit of common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom