• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
every time I mess up at work it just means I have to spend time reodoing it and they can't use it right away. not exactly harsh consequences (especially since i'm underpaid for the work I do when i'm efficient) but its a bit annoying having to come home and talk about it sometimes. I'd like to be able to leave my mistakes at work

Jobbs

Banned
Youtube is full of breastfeeding videos. Some of them are earnestly instructional and some of them are really, really weird.

Jobbs

Banned
I saw a Hillary sign today :O :O :O

My neighborhood was probably 70% or more Romney in 2012. Right now I see some Hillary signs and no Trump signs. Maybe some of them are voting Trump but are smart enough to not feel good about advertising it.

jb1234

My neighborhood was probably 70% or more Romney in 2012. Right now I see some Hillary signs and no Trump signs. Maybe some of them are voting Trump but are smart enough to not feel good about advertising it.

If someone tried to put up a Trump sign in Seattle, they'd be beaten to death.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I just ruined the rough equivalent to a months salary worth of merchandise. That's not even taking into account the manhours we'll spend reprinting everything I did wrong!. Probably the worst I've ever fucked up at my job. Anyone else have fun stories of astounding personal failure? :D

There are 40 boxes of beer on a pallet and I was lowering it down from the stack. I did not know that pallet was broken, so it made a plunge from 2 meters. It took me a whole day to clean the glass parts and to vacuum all the liquid on the floor with floor washing machine. 28 boxes were destroyed, 12 survived. That would mean around 600 € of damage in financial way

Luckily for me, everything is insured, so we managed to get money from insurance company.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
NRqG9Wk.jpg

well.

Xiao Hu

I wasn't when I posted that. I was riding my bike in the dark and trying to get Siri to transcribe my thoughts and also watch the path ahead of me

Multitasking to the death, huh?

Even fucking Hamburg got snow... Cologne sucks ass in the winter season...
______

I have no cigarettes left as if yesterday evening. Let's see how well I can manage the withdrawal effects this time. Wish me luck!

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
If you do a google image search for "Tom Hardy Taboo" you seen Tom Hardy pretty much nude.

Gross

Welp, I knew it would happen, but Paper Shakespeare getting on Greenlight early was shot down. At least I have a better idea of what Valve looks for.

I'm voting tomorrow at 7am. Possibly 9am. Please, America, don't fucking elect Trump.

It's a twenty minute ride that I make six or eight times a week and it's boring. Of course I'm on my phone.

I feel like we're in an Aaron Sorkin play now.

I did that ISideWith quiz and apparently I am more Green than Shrek smoking a huge spliff inside a marijuana field. (95% with Stein, 88% Clinton)

I know I was always left leaning, but goddamn...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yesterday was the formal announcement of site/business rankings in my industry (a metric used by the DHS to measure performance). My site had been a disaster at the start of the year due to staffing and management issues, but hard work from myself and my colleagues paid off by finally upping our ranking. This is essential as the ranking was originally so low the DHS could basically shut the entire site down at any point on a whim, and we've managed to move it into what we'd been told was the safe zone. As a bonus we were only a point or two off the next ranking tier, which is great, with very positive tracking on all streams and outcomes.

Unfortunately our senior staff and upper management met with DHS representatives today (post rating announcement), and the DHS basically had a massive tantrum about a whole bunch of shit and threatened to shut down my site regardless. In addition to this they rambled on about industries and cohorts and what we should be done, despite everything they said being completely out of touch with our sector. Atypical government bureaucratic bullshit through and through.

And typical of upper management, they've shit the bed and their response to this is to panic and implement illogical, reactionary changes to the site. Which includes adding an additional 20 clients to my weekly caseload, expecting me to take on more marketing/recruitment and promotional duties (we have our own internal recruiters), conduct more group sessions, and so on. Aka; do more work, much of which you're not qualified for, take on new roles, be busier, and we will pay you not a cent extra.

I'll be lucky to see the year out.

Chuckie

It is weird that even concerning a topic almost everyone agrees on (US-Gaffers vote Hillary, Non-US-Gaffers want them to vote Hillary) people are still 'fighting'.

Halcyon

I haven't made one single political post on social media this year.

It's been difficult to stay out of it but I'm glad I did. Gonna vote after work with my baby in tow.

Then we will have 4 years of everyone hating half the country some more. Yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom