• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me on Thursday:

giphy.gif

Misha

Banned
Got an idea for a hearthstone effect (and I'm sure no one cares)

When your hero takes fatigue damage, shuffle an equivalent amount of random legendary minions into your deck

Xiao Hu

Dishonored 2 non-lethal stealth run ✔

Good game. Not as great as the first one but still quite good. Next: Massacre mode with Corvo 😈

Misha

Banned
Dishonored 2 non-lethal stealth run ✔

Good game. Not as great as the first one but still quite good. Next: Massacre mode with Corvo 😈
How long does the time travel segment last? I only caught bits of a stream and that seemed like a well implemented mechanic

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's a Space Catet

GET IT

I'll see myself out

Timu

After seeing that the NES Mini has input lag, sound emulation issues, shimmering, imperfect pixels unless playing on a certain mode and a noise filter in the background I rather not get it and go for the retrousb AVS.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
After seeing that the NES Mini has input lag, sound emulation issues, shimmering, imperfect pixels unless playing on a certain mode and a noise filter in the background I rather not get it and go for the retrousb AVS.
The issues aren't inherent to the nes mini, the issues are caused mostly by modern televisions.

The nes mini is fantastic. Especially for its price. It is heads and shoulders above similar emulation boxes. I picked up the retrobit generations also and it has fsr, far more issues. And if you want to see real problems, look at the sega emulation boxes, those are garbage.

You can't compare the nes classic and the avs. They are totally different types of products at radically different price points.

If you want to play carts, you should just buy an nes.

Timu

The issues aren't inherent to the nes mini, the issues are caused mostly by modern televisions.

The nes mini is fantastic. Especially for its price. It is heads and shoulders above similar emulation boxes. I picked up the retrobit generations also and it has fsr, far more issues. And if you want to see real problems, look at the sega emulation boxes, those are garbage.

You can't compare the nes classic and the avs. They are totally different types of products at radically different price points.

If you want to play carts, you should just buy an nes.
For the price it's definitely a great deal, though some of it's flaws are caused by emulation like sound and such. It's not so bad when it comes to a complete package. I just brought up the retrousb AVS because with an everdrive that would work more for me in the long run, though yeah they aren't comparable. I want to look for a way to capture NES through HDMI through a console and those are some of the best ways to do.

Ceallach

I just don't see the point in pays 3 times what it would cost to get the real thing for an fgpa. I also think ever drives are kind of pointless too. You are talking about paying $300 to play roms.

But I believe in real hardware and real games. That's just me.

Timu

I just don't see the point in pays 3 times what it would cost to get the real thing for an fgpa. I also think ever drives are kind of pointless too. You are talking about paying $300 to play roms.

But I believe in real hardware and real games. That's just me.
I actually tend to prefer real hardware in most cases. Actually I do have an everdrive for N64 and it's a life saver, because I actually have N64 carts that are dead(never boots up no matter how many times I tried). So in that case they can be useful. And I'm using it on my real N64 too(since I don't like N64 emulation). It's the convenience of having games you ripped on one cart being played on real hardware that makes everdrives special.

I was thinking about testing NES games with different video quality for a youtube video so that's why I wouldn't mind an NES Mini or retrousb AVS for more games.

I think the people who are largely going to be playing the NES Classic aren't really going to give a shit about some minor lag or video issues or anything like that.

Ceallach

I think the people who are largely going to be playing the NES Classic aren't really going to give a shit about some minor lag or video issues or anything like that.
The only game it is a problem with is punch out in my experience is punch out once you get to mr. Dream and the input lag makes it tough as fuck to respond properly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Every time I post in a political thread I think I might get banned

I don't think I say anything bad, but you never know how people will interpret things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom